Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 08:24:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Win32 Cryptor on MTS2?  (Read 1758 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Enelar

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2009, 08:40:53 pm »

I'm curious if anyone else has encountered this because I've been infected twice with the virus Cryptor Win32 when downloading files from Mod The Sims 2. I'm not even talking about opening them, just from connecting to the site and downloading. Both times I was able to purge the virus with a great deal of effort and I do NOT want to risk a third.

Can someone warn the staff? Is there any place else to download some of the celebs and other stuff found there? I really wanted Barack and Michelle Obama for my game.
HystericalParoxysm

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 12:08:59 pm »

Paden brought this to my attention - thanks Paden.  Smiley

There's no way that you could be getting a virus from MTS just by connecting and downloading a RAR or ZIP file.  If there were an issue with MTS like that (which there isn't), then it wouldn't be just you having the problem but -thousands and thousands- of users with the same issue (we've got over 3000 people online right now) and whenever even a slight hiccup happens in our downloads, we get dozens of posts in Site Issues.  Either you have an overactive antivirus acting up and alerting or the infection is triggering when you download but is actually coming from somewhere else.

In any case, downloading from MTS is perfectly safe and will not harm your computer in any way.  Perhaps get yourself a different antivirus to clear your infection once and for all.

- HP
(MTS admin)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: