Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 03:41:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: WCIF: FT/AL Gypsy Fix...  (Read 8645 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
summerbear

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2009, 02:38:58 pm »

Everytime my sim goes downtown and the gypsy shows up...the only option my sims can do is 'dismiss'...I downloaded and installed a hack by twojeffs that was supposed to fix it...and it didn't fix...is there any other hack that I can try to fix the downtown gypsy?

Thanks,
Summer
ladymiriam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 12:20:13 pm »

I think the fix you're talking about is intended for home lots rather than community lots, if that's where you're going downtown.  I don't know of a fix for your particular problem but do you perhaps have a hack in your downloads folder that is causing the issue?  Most problems seem to be CC related rather than game related.  Sorry I can't be of more help.

summerbear

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 04:26:31 pm »

um...I don't think it's my downloads folder considering I've took everything out...and I've also ran the hack conflict detector thingy and had 0 conflicts...

I thought this was a known issue that came with FT and was never fixed by Eaxis...

Only on downtown community lots when the gypsy shows up...the only option I have is 'dismiss'
ladymiriam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 07:18:58 pm »

Sorry if you felt I was stating the obvious, only trying to help.

summerbear

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 10:15:42 pm »

no I thank you for trying to help  Grin

I was told the hack by twojeffs fixed this bug on downtown lots...but I tried it to no avail...
ladymiriam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 03:38:08 am »

I rarely go downtown so wouldn't know what happens there really, I just read about the lamp fix and thought it was only applicable to home lots. Is it a universal problem? I do recall that something had to be done or reset or something before the fix would be implemented, certainly with already used lots or sims.    If that fix is meant to solve your issue maybe posting at Simbology would be your best bet.  Sorry I can't be of any more help.

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 06:42:50 am »

Did you actually call the Gypsy from a home lot or did you just put in the hack and wait for it to work? If you are talking about the Gypsy lamp delivery hack by TJ (I can't think of another Gypsy hack by him but then I don't have all of them memorised) the hack documentation says that that particular hack only starts working AFTER you call the Gypsy and let her deliver the last lamp and only after that her behaviour should be fixed.

So is that the hack you downloaded? And if yes, did you call the Gypsy and let her deliver the last lamp before you sent your sim Downtown?

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
summerbear

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 01:01:40 pm »

What I did exactly which I don't know if it was the right way or not was this...

I installed the hack and because it said you have to let her deliver the lamp again for her to be fixed I forced the lamp delivery the only way I know how...I typed in boolprop testingcheatsenabled true and shift clicked the mail box...went to other I think it was and force lamp delivery...she came...she left the lamp etc. etc. Right after she left the lot I sent my sims downtown to check and see if it was fixed and it still said dismiss...

The second time after I forced delivery...when she left the lot I had my sim call her other to the house for a 'regular' visit...she worked fine at the house...dismissed her and went downtown but STILL the downtown gypsy after showing up only has the dismiss option when clicked...

SO am I doing something wrong? Did I force delivery of the lamp the wrong way? And if so what is the correct way to force delivery of the lamp...I never had a problem with the gypsy bringing lamps over on a 'regular' visit...the only problem I had with the gypsy on downtown lots...my romance sims can't buy love potion  Tee Hee
alesukm

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 09:54:17 pm »

Summerbear, I've got the exact same problem as you do and I've been trying to figure it out for quite a while.

It dosen't have anything to do with the gypsy hack as I don't have it installed, it has pretty much been there from the begining for me as I  had apartment life installed before freetime. You've taken everything out of your downloads folder so that's not it then, I'm going to try a few different things (now that I know someone else is having the same problem) never bothered before as it wasen't that big of an issue for me. I'll post with any updates.
summerbear

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 09:55:47 pm »

Thank you very much Alesukm for looking into this. I look forward to hearing what you find out...
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 09:42:45 am »

If there is a problem with twojeffs mod, you really should bring it up to him on www.simbology.com.  He really is good about fixing problems that have been identified.
summerbear

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 12:40:06 pm »

Well I'm confused as to weather that hack is really for the purpose I'm using it for or not...Some say it is and some say it isn't...

My problem just for further clarification is when my sim goes downtown and the Gypsy shows up the only interaction I have for her is 'dismiss'

Someone said to me before that the hack is to only fix the gypsy from bringing a genie lamp everytime you call her over. That's why I'm confused and don't know if they hack is really for what I need it for or not...I've tried the hack and it didn't work for me...

If there is a problem with twojeffs mod, you really should bring it up to him on www.simbology.com.  He really is good about fixing problems that have been identified.
alesukm

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 05:54:38 pm »

Sumerbear, I've done a plain windows search of my 'downloads' folder and as i suspected I didn't have the twojeffs mod that everyone is talking about, and to confirm in gameplay i just had a genie lamp toting gypsy appear at my door last night (on her own, not called or forced).

I still can't find the problem as to why we canot interact with the gypsy that appears on downtown comercial lots. I too have the updates/"fixes" that eaxis doles out. My next step will be to remove any interaction modds that I have installed and see what happens. (time to open up my test 'hood)
summerbear

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2009, 06:53:43 pm »

Thanks again Alesukm...if I run into anything else I'll post here...
alesukm

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2009, 07:05:39 pm »

Summerbear, I played around all week-end, removed my'downlodas' folder, and other files elsewhere in the sims 2 folder that pertain to CC (no warning screen for possible CC conflicts poped up). I also deleted groupes.casche and the other .casche files and went into a non used 'hood, but to no avail. Sorry. Sad I suspect that the problem has to be in the game code itself. I have no experience in modifying game codes (if that would even solve the problem) to begin tampering with them.

So, to refresh, this is NOT a problem with the twojeffs mod, as I said I don't have this installed, this only pertains to the gypsy that arrives on comunity lots in 'downtown' not the one that gives the lamp. Does anyone else have or have had the same problem? If so, how did you fix it or are there any suggestions that I didn't think of? huh
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: