Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 04:00:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Versatile Restaurant Host Podium  (Read 15230 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
sunni9676

We're all out of cake...

View Profile WWW
« on: August 08, 2009, 09:56:50 am »

Now you can decorate casual dining establishments like fast food restaurants and diners, as well as themed neighborhood restaurants with a more versatile host podium. Taverns, Victorian Tea Houses and Sci-Fi ships and bases can all look like proper restaurants with a host podium that doesn't stand out or look too 21st century.

The podium has several invisible options so that you can use the 'moveobjects on' cheat to place the podium within any counter of choice. Create a more integrated look with your restaurant decor.

Invisibility options:

• Display only the phone in black or neutral color
  • Display the book and phone (in black or neutral color)
  • Display only the book without the phone
  • Completely invisible podium, phone and book

Decoration Suggestions:

• Place the podium on a row of counters and build a door for the business owner to lock. This will prevent visitor Sims from crowding around the podium for the host. They will seem to be standing in front of the register which looks more appropriate for a fast food restaurant. The host will leave the enclosed area to greet and seat the arrivals. (shown in photos)
  • Use along with a decorative cash register (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=270768) so that your host looks like they are standing as a cashier. Select to use only the phone 'podium' and place next to the cash register or use the completely invisible podium. (shown in photos)
  • Get rid of annoying host phone call animations with Squinge's No Podium Phone Calls (http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=9574&highlight=podium) mod. This looks great for the completely invisible podium, especially if you are using it in a themed neighborhood where phones don't exist.

This podium has all the functionality of the original game podium, shows up in the catalog under General -> Miscellaneous and costs $0.

* 2.jpg (98.72 KB, 450x338 - viewed 27924 times.)
* sunni9676-VersatileHostPodium.rar (287.23 KB - downloaded 2005 times.)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 03:09:50 pm by sunni9676 » Logged

Please visit my site at www.sunni.us to view and download my creations.
ladymiriam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 06:14:25 am »

This looks amazing, what a great idea.  Thank you, off to visit your site now.

edit:  Thanks again for a great job here, would it be cheeky to ask for a recolour where the book shows up but the phone is totally invisible?   
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 08:34:27 am by ladymiriam » Logged

sunni9676

We're all out of cake...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 03:07:31 pm »

Thanks for giving me more work to do ladymiriam LOL!

I was initially going to make that an option but couldn't get the handset to be totally invisible. By the time I figured that I out I suppose I forgot about the book only option. The file is updated, just re-download.

Off to go update it on my site....

Please visit my site at www.sunni.us to view and download my creations.
ladymiriam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 05:24:15 pm »

Oh you're a star, thank you so much for this and so quickly too.  I very much appreciate it and will redownload in the morning when I'm on my gaming computer. 

wawayaya

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 03:55:59 am »

Cool!  Thanks for sharing.
junglejim

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 08:01:07 pm »

just thought i would let you know it works great thank you..jim..
mocha0030

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 06:46:29 pm »

this is fantastic! thanks!  Rock
qlaqercoixsa

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2021, 08:16:11 pm »

hi, I downloaded it and put it in the downloads folder, and it's not showing up, I even re-downloaded it
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: