Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 09:08:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Extremely slow forum...  (Read 6657 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MattTheBrat

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2009, 06:22:55 am »

Hello!

Can you move the forum to a decent server? The forum is extremely slow to browse. Downloading the files seems to work ok but to load the pages in the download area takes forever and it basically renders the website unusable...

Regards,

Matt
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 06:51:31 am »

What kind of connection do you have?  I can't speak for everyone, but whenever I check over the download area, it seems to load relatively okay, even though I'm on DSL.   Not to mention the image load time for the thumbnails varies.  And also, depending on what part of the world you live in and what time you try to load the pages (during high traffic or low traffic hours), trying at another time could also help.  Either that, or even the classic clearing of your internet cache can help at times.  Smiley

Unless it's a big problem for everyone site-wide, a server switchover is not something that's going to be thought of quite yet.  Sorry.  Wink

(Edit to add essential word, since I was fresh from dreamland when this was posted earlier.)  Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 12:53:59 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

scarletlady
Engaged

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 11:05:41 am »

The forum works fine for me, i've never had any issues with it.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 11:22:18 am »

For me, the pages loads a bit slow. But it doesn't take ages. Downloading files is usually fast, too.
I've got a slow connection, so that's probably why it's a bit slow. I've been on slower sites than insim.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 01:15:28 pm »

Hello!

Can you move the forum to a decent server? The forum is extremely slow to browse. Downloading the files seems to work ok but to load the pages in the download area takes forever and it basically renders the website unusable...

Regards,

Matt

I'm sure that if you made a generous donation to pay for a new server, something could be worked out.  Or you could do some maintenance on your computer to make it work faster.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 01:43:36 pm »

I agree with what the others have said here and would also like to point something out: Did you make your first post just to bitch about something you didn't like? What. A. WASTE.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
jaccirocker
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 02:00:47 pm »

Wow. I stand by what everyone else has said but especially the very generous donation that would buy a new server ( pure win btw) idea.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 07:15:13 am »

At least his name suits him.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 12:58:12 pm »

Well, he couldn't use what really suits him because the place is PG-13, you know.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2009, 01:41:21 pm »

At least his name suits him.

LOL ... so I guess it's just Matt having a problem then?!

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 01:43:03 pm »

Well, I'm having slow loading times too, but my connection is the devil so lol.. Wink
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 01:56:08 pm »

Big forum + lots of members + slow connection or poorly maintained computer = slow page loads, especially in sections with the thumbnail previews.

Ya know, we are a free site, so you get what we can afford, MattTheBrat. Want us to have better? Then that costs cash. We've been working our collective backsides off removing what we can so the pages will load more efficiently.

You're welcome. Pfft.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: