Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 02:24:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims left my neighborhood  (Read 2921 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ifrito

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2009, 05:09:28 am »

Okay, so, yeah, I bought the Sims 3, yadda yadda. Lets skip that shocker and get to the part where I need help please.

So, I was working on this family. My favored Sim had kids with 2 of the three women living there, one had triplets, the other twins. Yeah, mods for it were involved.

And I was working on the kids, force aging them due to having aging for the town off. And story progression off. And not wanting permenant infants there, especially because the AI cant take care of them.

And suddenly I get a message that they left town. How is that possible?, why?, I know the game is unpatched. But, oy vey.

I didnt save, and I wanna know if it will keep happening. And also if there is something I can do to prevent it.

I'm not sure I wanna get that patch, cause I've been reading that its really hard to install. And its been killing peoples games and mods.

Edit: Uh, nevermind. I did a good bit of research after posting this. Like, hours afterwards. And found my answer. That being if the neighborhood gets too full this will happen. So I corrected the problem by evicting a bunch of Sims. Course, this is crap. I dunno who thought this was a good idea in the first place. And I wish there was a mod to disable that.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 05:18:14 pm by Ifrito » Logged

I got the Repo man back, it was a sly move. Acting like I was his friend, and then...BAM!, into the burning kitchen with him he went!. They never found his remains....*Evil Laughter*
Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 07:35:21 am »

awsomemod disables that. but it is set for the latest patchies.
Ifrito

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 05:47:41 pm »

Yeah, I checked out Awesome Mod. But Awesome Mod sadly is too restrictive in terms of what it does for me.

Although its a very pardon the pun, awesome piece of work.

I got the Repo man back, it was a sly move. Acting like I was his friend, and then...BAM!, into the burning kitchen with him he went!. They never found his remains....*Evil Laughter*
runaway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 05:32:34 am »

First of all sorry for my bad english but try to do like this, it works fine: click on The Sims3/game/bin then search the file TS3.exe and create a shortcut to your desktop. Right click on the shortcut and open properties. You'll see "target". Just continue to write on that same line (but leave a space!) -disablestoryprogression

When you want to play you have to use that shortcut. Your Sims will do nothing that you can't control.
Have fun!
Ifrito

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 09:56:18 pm »

Huh, thanks. Thats an interesting method I havent considered. I should try that.

Any suggestions on how to increase the number of Sims I can have on a lot?

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 01:23:50 pm »

Pescado's Awesome Mod does have the option for more Sims on a lot. I don't know of any other mod alone that can increase the number of Sims allowed per lot.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Ifrito

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 08:28:40 pm »

Ah nuts. Well, I guess I can just give it time.

If I just curve the mad scientist angle and use said method above, perhaps I wont have to worry about Sims leaving my neighborhood. And I can prevent loss of the 4 remaining Sims I dont wanna lose that I cant drag onto my active lot.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: