Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 02:04:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WCIF a better servo replacement?  (Read 4145 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2009, 02:47:19 am »

I saw a bot-look a while ago that seemed similar to an Irobot-type of look.  Is there a default replacement made for it? Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 08:42:35 am by DaSpecial1 » Logged

Sims by Dasi:

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 10:03:17 pm »

That was probably a servo that had been altered using SimPE's Sim Surgery option. If you look at the bottom of this post, there is a link to a bot skintone and there is a short tutorial on how to change your servo's look to use that type of skintone.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 07:20:16 pm »

Thanks Engram Smiley.  I found something similar (while I was waiting) on Sapphire Sims.  I don't know how to use simpe atm but I'm definitely going to bookmark that page for when I know more.   I have them as clothing now. 

I take it there's no quick default for servos?

Just for knowledge purposes is it that servos are harder/different to work with than say, alien or plantsims?

At any rate I have what I need now.  I can't wait to try the simpe servo-surgery thing soon as I sort it out. Thanks again.

Sims by Dasi:

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 08:40:46 pm »

It's a little more work since the servos don't just have the traditional skin overlays like the other creature/eccentric sims.  That, and you have 7 meshes to deal with if you plan on editing them in any way... 4 heads (male, male vampire/werewolf, female, female vampire/werewolf), 3 bodies (normal, male and female formals), and the texture files that go with each.  Probably why no one has done a full set of heavy replacements for servos yet, other than texture replacements and maybe a mesh swap or two.  Unless one doesn't care for gender differentiation and creature changes, one could simply import the same edited head and body meshes for all of those parts... but if not, it's a good workout to edit them all to fit the mesh types, and quite possible to make.  Smiley

I had the same desire in mind for different looking servos a few months ago, and made default replacement meshes for my personal use... though it's definitely not better than the original, and most likely not what you're looking for.  Cheesy  It has a boxier head with two of the traditional servo "eyes" instead of one, and oddly-reshaped legs that I can't really describe without showing pictures.  Just thought that they needed to look a little more weirder than they already were.  Tee Hee  

DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 08:59:48 pm »

Wow you should upload that, Goodjob.  Seriously the one-eye thing bugs me.  I never could get why someone reasonably capable of building a robot couldn't put in two eyes, Dunno go figure.

I like a variety especially since I have the skins to make them I-robotish if I want.  I'd like to try yours.  Heck I like the old robot on lost in space better then the newer one so boxy-clunky w/two eyes sounds interesting to me.

Sims by Dasi:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: