Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:38:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Would you like all of these mods in one .package file?
Yes - 17 (65.4%)
No - 7 (26.9%)
Don't care - 2 (7.7%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Telescope Alien Abduction Interaction Enabled New Version Available(5/15/06)  (Read 82520 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2006, 11:23:08 pm »

I personally prefer them as separate download so I am gonna vote that way Smiley
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2006, 11:41:41 pm »

Ok result of test 2.

Same family the Tinker, witness both abduction and return.  This time something new happened but still no memory.  Little bubble above Wanda and Melody with the spaceship appeared but they still have no memory of it.

Though I forgot to report this in my 1st test, I really found it odd that Wanda which is a family Sim was clapping and being happy that Stephan was abducted!  Stephan add a bad memory of it and he is a family Sim.  Normally only knowledge Sims have good memory and are clapping when a Sim gets abducted.  It looks like Maxis mess-up pretty much with this.  So even with the add-on still no memory.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 11:51:44 pm by MissDoh » Logged
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2006, 11:58:14 pm »

Quote from: MissDoh
Ok result of test 2.
Are you using my no duplicate memories mod? that may be preventing it if those sims already have a memory of that same sim being abducted.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2006, 12:04:51 am »

I do use this mod, but this is a pre-made Maxis family which do not have at this time a memory of any abduction.  Unfortunately, the only other families I can try this with are the Ramirez and the Jacquet and I don't know if any of those families were program correctly by Maxis Sad  Can you point me to one I can safely use for this test that are pre-made?

P.S.  I still find it odd Wanda was clapping when her husband was abducted, was she originally program by Maxis as a knowledge.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 12:17:48 am by MissDoh » Logged
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2006, 12:16:33 am »

I know how this is working now they are getting the memories but they are invisible memories, I just tested it & looked in the file with simpe & the memories are there.

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2006, 12:19:16 am »

Ok so do you think you can make a version so the memory do appear?  It seems to me like Maxis did something to that code but why they did that is a mystery.

I decided to remove the nodupicatememory mod and redo the test without it to see if I would come with the same result.  I will report soon.  I guess I will but just want to make sure Wink
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 12:27:37 am by MissDoh » Logged
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2006, 12:23:59 am »

Ok retested without it with the exact same result.  The funniest thing though is to celebrate his abduction Stephan decided it was a good time to "make out" with his wife lol.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 12:28:20 am by MissDoh » Logged
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2006, 12:35:26 am »

Quote from: MissDoh
It seems to me like Maxis did something to that code but why they did that is a mystery.
I think you may be right because it used to be a visible memory but I think the last time I saw a visible one created was with EP1 or EP2 so they must have changed something, I will see if I can change it back.

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2006, 12:41:32 am »

I don't think in EP2 they add a memory of it either.  I remember having some abduction but Sims did not have a memory of it though I am not 100% sure.  I also remember that after installing EP2, there was no connection anymore to Tech 9 (or which ever Sim imprignate the male Sims), Since Pollination Tech 9 was not appearing as the father in the family tree, it was possible to have alien of different family fall in love.  This was corrected with NL2 second patch I think. Since OFB I heard we can't have alien sims fall in love even if they are from different families but I did not test it personally.

With EP1 they still had a memory, since I got my 1st abduction after installing that EP I remember really well they did have it at that time.

EDIT:  Sorry I keep editing my post but new information are just popping up in my mind.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 12:48:36 am by MissDoh » Logged
xK-la

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2006, 03:52:22 am »

I deffiently needed the memorie one and the female pregnancy thank you so much for this Squinge!

Teen Diva Karine - 3rd Place
Mellisenda

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2006, 02:53:41 pm »

Quote from: giggy6004
JM prescado already made a hack like this. oh boy hes going to be pretty mad

Who cares? What, are you some kind of zealot, or something? If you are, then you should pick your self-imposed leaders better. You should also spell the name correctly of those you "follow".

Squinge, thank you very much for this wonderful set of hacks. ::hugs::
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 02:56:31 pm by Mellisenda » Logged

Melissa
Meek_Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2006, 07:31:27 pm »

I test it out last night and forced the Abductioin still not memery for family members.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2006, 10:03:53 pm »

Quote from: Meek_Monkey
I test it out last night and forced the Abductioin still not memery for family members.
I think maxis may have changed something because the memories are there but they are invisible, I am trying to figure out what was changed so I can change it back:)

Meek_Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2006, 05:45:00 am »

ok your great modder.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2006, 06:21:50 am »

5/08/06 I just posted a collection that includes all of these mods.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: