Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 07:30:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mesh oddities that I can't seem to fix, no matter what.  (Read 2765 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
twisted FATE xx

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2009, 12:24:26 pm »

I am frustrated beyond all belief. I'm working on an epic project, and while most of my meshes come out perfectly, there are three that refuse to work properly. I have rebuilt these meshes, worked on them until Milkshape oozed out of my ears, and tried to beat them into submission.

The problem is, I can only see the flaws in the meshes when I'm in Bodyshop or in game. In Milkshape, the meshes look perfectly fine. It's hard to fix something if you can't see it there.  huh Pictures are worth a thousand words, so see for yourself what I mean:

Outfit 1:

Outfit 2:

Outfit 3:

See? I can't find the flaws in the meshes when I look at them in Milkshape, and I've done everything I can think of to make these work correctly. To all you meshing gurus -- can anyone help me out? D:
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 03:08:46 pm »

check the boneassignements on those area's(vertices), they are diffrent  Wink
100% sure the gaps are on the spot were you combined the 2 diffent meshparts.
If the top row of one half has diffrent bonesettings then the(say) bottom row of the one you attache it to it will result in a gap....

No longer active
twisted FATE xx

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 08:21:00 pm »

Bloom, I love you.  YAY I'm a complete n00b when it comes to bone assignments, and I had no idea that gaps could be caused that way. I guess I should get used to using the vertex data merge instead of just snapping the vertices together! Thanks so much! <3
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: