Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:09:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: More Fun Activities For Sims 3: Updated - December 5th 2009  (Read 12917 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2009, 04:41:43 pm »

World Adventures Information:

A new series of activities enhances the stuff Sims do to gain more Fun and/or Social because honestly, the few activities that should be fun did not give Sims something fun to do. I added some of the Sims 3 activities to the World Adventures list because I missed some of those interactions when I originally did them for Sims 3. They also have notes to indicate which ones I didn't include with Sims 3.

The original More Fun Activities for Sims 3 were also updated for World Adventures because the new files contain more bits of code that significantly changed from Sims 3 to World Adventures.

The following activities are listed below with notes:

Clear Rubble - Big piles of rock inside the tombs
Disarm Tomb Traps
Excavate Bones At Dig Site - Small piles of bones found on the ground in the world
Hide In The Sarcophagus - Sims gain fun from hiding inside the mummy's box

Inspect Tomb Traps, Objects, Holes And Doors - Inspects the doors, holes, traps and other objects inside the tomb

Practice On Board Breaker
Practice On Chess Table - Was not exclusive to WA but missed in the original Sims 3 game
Practice On Training Dummy - Practices martial arts skill on a freestanding practice dummy
Practice Speech At Mirror - Was not exclusive to WA but missed in the original Sims 3 game
Practice Writing On Computer - Was not exclusive to WA but missed in the original Sims 3 game
Sing Normal Song - Gains fun from singing a normal song
Sing Romantic Song - Gains fun from singing a romantic song
Spar Sim - Ranked or not, the Sims gain fun from sparring each other
Squish Grapes In Nectar Tub - Gains fun from stomping the grapes in the Nectar Maker's tub
Taste Nectar From Nectar Rack - Gains fun from tasting the nectar from the rack
Tinker Nectar Maker - Gains fun from tinkering with the Nectar Maker

Train With Another Sim On The Training Dummy - Gains fun and social motives from training with another Sim on the training dummy

What's New With The Packages?

I repackaged the mods in a way to give you a choice to install the interaction mods individually or install the collection packages (everything in 3 files) to suit your needs.

New Packages Containing individual mods to pick and choose from:

Original More Fun Activities - Pack 1 - WA (Updated for World Adventures)
Original More Fun Activities - Pack 2 - WA (Updated for World Adventures)
More Fun Activities - Pack 1 -WA (Exclusive to World Adventures ONLY)

New Collections Package to install everything included in only 3 files:

More Fun Activities - Entire Collections - WA

* This includes all of the above 3 packages in just 3 files to install if you want everything. *

Note that the packages have WA at the end. Use those instead.

INSTALL NOTES:

Please install the mods in the following location if you have XP:

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Mods\Packages

I think the install location is similar for Vista and Windows 7 players basically because the mods should be installed in the World Adventures folder anyway. I can't help you with the installation questions or issues because I don't use either Vista or Windows 7. You will need to search the Sims 3 forums for help installing the mods.

CAUTION:

The old packages that were released for Sims 3 should NOT be used with World Adventures or Sims 3 updated after patch 1.7.9.

More Fun Activities - Sims 3 enhances the stuff Sims do to gain more Fun because in truth, there weren't many things in Sims 3 that Sims can do and gain Fun.

The following are listed below with some of the mods having special notes:

Explore Mausoleum More Fun
Go Jogging And More Fun
Hack Computer More Fun
Paint Faster And More Fun
Play Chess With Chess Table And More Fun
Play Chess With Computer And More Fun
Play In Toybox More Fun
Play On Playground Equipment *The EA default was 0, therefore Sims weren't gaining Fun*
Play Toy Peg Box More Fun
Play Xylophone More Fun
Read Book More Fun
Read Newspaper More Fun
Read Skill Book More Fun
Search Galaxy More Fun *Not the same as Stargaze*
Solve Hard Problem With Computer More Fun
Stargaze More Fun *Not the same as Search Galaxy*
Toddler Read Book More Fun
Workout Bench And More Fun
Workout Stereo And More Fun
Workout TV And More Fun *You can use with "UnlockedTVChannelsAndMoreFun". Different files*
Workout Treadmill And More Fun
Write Novel With Computer More Fun *You can use with "Faster Novel Writing For Sims 3". Different files*

NEW:

Chat On Computer More Fun *Chat With Random Or Specific Sim*
Fishing More Fun
Cuddle On Seat More Fun *Kiss And Make Out*
Cuddle On Bed More Fun *Kiss And Make Out*
Take Bubble Bath More Fun *All Types of Bathtubs*
Swimming More Fun
Picnic More Fun *Picnic On Ground And At Picnic Table*

SPECIAL NOTE:

Picnic More Fun also has its Social values fixed because the Sims' Social motives did not improve at all when they socialize while they're on a picnic.

NEW:

Jump On Bed
Do Homework
Do Homework With - *This is a different interaction to do homework with other Sims*
Blog On Computer
Make Inappropriate Post On Forums
Troll On Forums
Smash Dollhouse
Tinkering - *All tinkering activities are combined into one single file*
Overclock Computer
Research New Stock On Computer - *Only Sims with Charisma trait and skill can do this by EA default*
Run Forensic Analysis On Computer
Sabotage Electronic Objects - *TV, Stereo and Computer activities combined in one file*
Work From Home
Check For Forum Responses

NEW:

Rummage Through Trashcan Outdoors
Collect Rocks
Hang Out With Sim - * Social motive fixed. It was 0 by EA default *
Interview Sim - * Social and Fun motive boosts were added *
Scare Sim - * EA default was 0 *
Write Report On Computer - * Fun motive added *
Protest City Hall - * Social motive boost added and Fun motive boost increased *

SPECIAL NOTE:

These interactions originally did not contain either or both Fun and Social motive boosts, making the interactions less sociable or fun for Sims. Interviewing people should be considered as a social activity for most people who like to do these interviews in real life. I guess EA is anti-social, or maybe their dev team is anti-social. Hanging out with people should be a FUN activity as well a socially acceptable gathering at most colleges. I hung out with my friends while I was in college and had fun doing that. So should our Sims!

You can pick any or all of the mods to install for Sims 3. Be sure to use Indie Stone Compatibility Checker (available at MTS) to check for any conflict between any of these mods against other similar mods.

If you don't see something listed that you think can be modified to gain more fun, please let me know.

* OriginalMoreFunActivities-Pack1-WA.rar (62.65 KB - downloaded 445 times.)
* MoreFunActivities-Pack1-WA.rar (23.39 KB - downloaded 431 times.)
* MoreFunActivities-EntireCollections-WA.rar (13.47 KB - downloaded 549 times.)
* OriginalMoreFunActivities-Pack2-WA.rar (8.66 KB - downloaded 429 times.)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 01:59:35 pm by Chaavik » Logged

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 02:01:42 pm »

I re-uploaded the file called Original More Fun Activities Pack 2 - WA after someone alerted me that I left a file in the zipped package by accident.

If you installed GameplayData into your Mods folder, please remove it. That was not meant to be used by the game.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: