Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:57:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pretty Flustered with the patch installation! (Here's the FIX)  (Read 3935 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
violetlass

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2009, 11:17:22 pm »

Ok, I still can't seem to get the new Patch installed in my game. I have all mods removed and all extra files that are not in the package folder removed and any originals are in place. I never was able to get the 1.3 version installed now they have a 1.4 version.

With version 1.4 it fixes an issue with not being able to uninstall game after a fail patch install, and I can see why. I decieded after many failed attempts to install the patches that I will uninstall and reinstall the game, but as the fix discribes I cannot uninstall the game (NOTE: all mods and extras removed) Does anyone know how this can be fixed so I can get the much needed (in my opinion) Patch installed for my game. I would not like to use the Awesome Mod in my game because it has un-needed mods that I wish to not use.

PLEASE HELP!!!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 02:20:52 pm by violetlass » Logged

Friends help you move; bestfriends help you move bodies!
moschino

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 04:01:03 am »

as far as i know, custom stuff has nothing in common with the update.
everything you have to do it's to disable censor patch.
when you have installed censor patch as "Shaders_Win32.precomp" you had to save the original one as backup.
if you did this, replace it with the original one,... update the game, then you can put it back the censor remover.

good luck.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 08:20:21 am »

I know at MATY there are lots of threads about 1.3 and 1.4 patches. Since you have problems with the 1.3 patch, maybe this thread can help, especially page 3.  You can try this thread also.

Hope this helps, good luck.

EDIT: I dumped that shaders hack and got Rick's NoCensor mod from MTS. It's in a package file. Wink

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
violetlass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 05:07:00 pm »

You cant do the 1.3 patch no more, it only has the 1.4 patch now, I will read those threads you posted to see if it will help.

I have also tried it with the resourse.cfg file with the no censor patch in it replaced with the original and it still wont do the install.

Edit: I did get the game uninstalled, I first went in to the CD/DVD directory and clicked on the install setup and just installed on top of my install which was good cause it reverted my game back to the store version instead of the 1.2.7 version(don't ask me how I got it, I don't know) I was able to uninstall the game and reinstall it, but now it gets past the .dll file but stops at the launcher file. I will have to do more searching to find how to by bass that file. Keep fingers crossed XX.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 10:35:06 pm by violetlass » Logged

violetlass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 06:22:34 pm »

Im sorry I got to bump this post.
I contacted EA Tech and they wont help they just want my computer specs and I refuse to give it to them because to patch problem is not a computer problem. I still cannot get help from any site with the issue and people at other sites are not reading the problem fully and thinking that Im being rude because I have to repeat my self in quotes. I'm getting really mad at people who can't understand the peoblem at hand. (no one here at insim a problem)

SilentApprentice

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 08:55:10 pm »

Yeah I still can't install the patch, even after maxis made an update to fix that problem.  It still says "invalid file found"
violetlass

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 02:20:08 pm »

I got the problem fixed. If it gives you the Sims3Launcher.exe as an invalid file you will then have to make a back up of all your downloads and mods and place the file on you desktop so you will know where it is at when you get it running again.
When you get the invalid file you will then have to do a compleate uninstall of the game, even if it has uninstalled for you before, because for some strange reason it corupts the files when you try to patch.
Here are the instructions for the compleate uninstall of the game and I don't feel like making a link for it, I will just copy paste the info I got from an email from tech support at EA games.

Backup the save data in Windows XP:

1. Click the Start button and select My Documents.
2. Select the Electronic Arts folder.
3. Right-click The Sims 3 folder and select Cut.
4. Right-click on your desktop and select Paste.
5. To restore your Sims 3 save games, move this folder back into the Electronic Arts folder after re-installing the game.

Backup the save data in Windows Vista:

1. Click the Start button and select Documents.
2. Select the Electronic Arts folder.
3. Right-click The Sims 3 folder and select Cut.
4. Right-click on your desktop and select Paste.
5. To restore your Sims 3 save games, move this folder back into the Electronic Arts folder after re-installing the game.

Delete the game files (in the default location):

1. Click the Start button and select My Computer.
2. Select the Local Disk (C:) drive folder.
3. Select the Program Files folder.
4. Select the Electronic Arts folder.
5. Right-click The Sims 3 folder and select Delete.

Backup the registry:

1. Hold down the Windows key and press R.
2. At the Run command, type in "regedit" (minus the quotes) and select OK.
3. Click on File and then Export...
4. Choose a location and name for the file; this will be your backup registry file.
5. Click Save.

Delete the registry keys:

1. Expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder.
2. Expand the SOFTWARE folder.
3. Expand the Electronic Arts folder.
4. Expand the Sims folder.
5. Right-click The Sims 3 folder and select Delete.
6. Collapse the Electronic Arts folder.
7. Expand the Sims folder.
8. Right-click The Sims 3 folder and select Delete.
9. Collapse the Sims folder.
10. Expand the Microsoft folder.
11. Expand the Windows folder.
12. Expand the CurrentVersion folder.
13. Expand the Uninstall folder.
14. Delete the following folder if it appears:
• {C05D8CDB-417D-4335-A38C-A0659EDFD6B8}
11. Collapse the Microsoft folder.
12. Expand the Classes folder.
13. Delete the following folders if they appear:
• .Sims3
• .Sims3Pack
• Sims3
• Sims3Pack

Delete the uninstall files:

1. Click the Start button and select My Computer.
2. Select the Local Disk (C:) drive folder.
3. Select the Program Files folder.
4. Select Tools, then Folder Options, then View, then select "Show hidden files and folders."
5. Select the InstallShield Installation Information folder.
6. Delete the following folder if it appears:
• {C05D8CDB-417D-4335-A38C-A0659EDFD6B8}

The Sims 3 should now be completely removed from your system. After manually uninstalling, try to do a fresh install of the game and update your game with the latest patch.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: