Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:35:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Insim's Current Policy on Sims 3 Custom Content (*Please Read*) Updated 16-06-09  (Read 18659 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« on: May 25, 2009, 08:08:13 am »

As those of you may have noticed by now, it is true that we have finally decided to change our position regarding hosting custom content for Sims 3 on this site.  In saying that, the ban on links for other sites hosting Sims 3 content has also been lifted.  Feel free to share any sort of content you make in the Sims 3 Downloads section.   Wink

However, we will NOT allow public links to free Sims 3 Store items that are not hosted by the store itself, just as we have not allowed it for the Sims 2 Store.  As ridiculous as the price range is over there, EA is still legally allowed to sell what they've created, and we will not be getting mixed up in illegally sharing their store content.  

Also, please refrain from posting any sort of WCIF/Request topics here in the discussion area.  There will be a WCIF section set up in the future, but we will not be hosting a Sims 3 request section yet until progress for modding the game advances enough for more people to be able to help fulfill requests, and much more be able to actually make the items in question.  

Have fun!  Smiley

Admin edit: amended the thread title to include date the thread was updated
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 04:39:21 am by Ali » Logged

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 12:46:00 pm »

I would like to add one thing about a constant problem that's been going on here, despite our best efforts. The staff have had to douse fires and remind people of the site rules in almost every thread in this section and, as a result, more than one thread has been outright deleted. Please keep in mind that site rules apply to the entire forum, not just the sections of your choosing. That doesn't just mean linking to sites offering illegal downloads, but to picture size restraints, knocking threads off topic and flaming each other beyond reason.

A lot of you feel strongly about the Sims 3 and you either love it and look forward to it's release or hate it and think it should DIAF. Either way, we are all entitled to our opinions, but there is no reason whatsoever to fight over it like some of you have. None. We opened this section so you could discuss the upcoming game and share news, not to tear each other apart.

If you're looking forward to the game and someone says they hate it and think it sucks, don't take it personally. They're saying they don't like a game, not you.

If you think the new game is stupid and you won't waste a cent on it, that's fine. You're entitled to that, but please be civil about it. Not everyone who wants to play the new game is an uneducated idiot.

Pictures are to be no larger than 600 x 600.  

Please keep threads on topic.

If these issues do not stop being problems, we will close this section down until after the game's official release. Please keep this in mind before you post. You can disagree, but you don't need to fight, and shouldn't need the staff to babysit you.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 10:40:41 pm »

And one more thing. Please don't post support type threads asking for help with your leaked version of the game. It's not a legal download, and so we can't and won't give you tech support for it.

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 11:51:50 pm »

Just when you think we're done with the additions to this sticky post, we prove you wrong! Mwah hah hah!

Seriously though, there's been another growing phenomena that we are collectively getting tired of seeing. Every thread mentioning the new game will eventually get derailed by people who have nothing good to say. Whereas you are welcome and entitled to your opinion, at this point you're all saying things you've said a billion times in other threads. Hate the game all you want, but don't drag every thread about it through the mud like rabid dogs. You're better than that.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: