Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 03:42:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 116
  Print  
Author Topic: The New Official Spam Thread!  (Read 554531 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1200 on: December 12, 2010, 12:14:56 pm »

I've had several different versions of the same Christmas celebration lately.

One version together with both my mom's sister's families. We (usually) eat at different places and come together for gift opening. Takes ages (at Christmas Eve, one by one gift), and we've usually sat until far past midnight. Too many grandchildren in her oldest sister's family now, so we would probably need an entire room for the gifts and go on until at least the 26th before opening them...

One version with my family and my aunt's (mom's youngest sister) family (and Gran, when she lived), all of us eating together. Less gifts, but still takes a while. Our tree was either the real deal, or a simple, tiny plastic tree that stood on a table with a mountain of gifts in front. Looked hilarious  Grin

One version with only me, mom, my bro and his family, eating together and them staying long enough to open their own gifts. That's most likely what we'll do this year.

A few years back, I even did a few extra "Christmas Eve" with some of my friends (after or before the actual Christmas Eve). Snacks, gift opening and even with my shabby plastic tree dressed up in its finest.

Christmas isn't quite the same after Gran died. She was always the one who gathered us all together and kept up the friendly tone between her three girls. I always baked gingerbreads together with her, which was one of the things I liked best about Christmas. Baking isn't quite the same with ready-made cookies from the store or already baked ones. It's the  

I can't even remember if my parents ever tried to trick us with Santa. I think they tried once when we were toddlers, but I can't remember if it worked. We've made gifts from "santa" several times, to trick family members, but apart from othat, I've always known who gave us the presents, none ever from the "real" Santa.  

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: December 12, 2010, 08:25:43 pm »

In my heart I still feel joy at Christmas.

Don't do much anymore, I would if I had health and strength.

But my heart is happy in the season.

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: December 12, 2010, 08:30:41 pm »

Even though there's less money this year cause my dad and I are the ones supporting our large family, everyone's still excited to know what they got for Christmas.

Opening gifts is personally not my thing, but the thought of seeing the look on someone's face from a gift, no matter how small, I gave them is worth it Wink
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: December 12, 2010, 10:55:46 pm »

I love the season. My kids are truly happy no matter what & we have been through some rough times.  I've found that my sadness at times was wishing I could do more (illness & other obstacles prevailing) then had my kids react on Christmas morning to very little as if they had the world.

It's taught me a few lessons in living the message I taught about being happy no matter what. Now it only hurts not being able to share it with my Mom and Dad, but the joy & warmth is something I feel even when times are hard.

Anyone up for Christmas Spam? Tee Hee

Sims by Dasi:

fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: December 13, 2010, 12:09:26 am »

That's beautiful, DaSpecial.

Your kids are very lucky to have you Wink
Zooey
aka The Creeper

View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: December 13, 2010, 02:28:45 am »

Agree, your name really suits you  Grin

And yeah, I'm up for X-Mas spam anytime  Cheesy

Please? *makes puppy face*
fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: December 13, 2010, 08:08:39 pm »

I did most of my gift shopping online this year only to find out my parents' gifts are on back-order. Eh, anything that can go wrong, will go wrong...
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

I used to be as mad as a hatter

View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: December 13, 2010, 09:13:23 pm »

I got all my christmas gifts done for only $15.40. XD I had a budget of $20, and they aren't much, but they're personalised gifts that everyone will hopefully love.

No more hiding
Don't be afraid of what's inside
Anytime anybody pulls you down
Anytime anybody says you're not allowed
Just remember you are not alone
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: December 13, 2010, 09:41:38 pm »

I'm making everything this year using supplies I have on hand. So far, the only thing I've had to buy is a ball of crochet cotton, bringing my grand total spent on gifts up to a whopping $6 CAD. Everyone is getting art or something hand crafted.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: December 14, 2010, 02:07:11 am »

For my son, we got clothing, a toy and a DVD. For my daughter, we got a pendant. Everyone else will have to settle for raisin bread or cinnamon rolls fresh my kitchen. Or sugar cookies. 'Tis the season to say screw the diet and have some calories, and all that good stuff.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Zooey
aka The Creeper

View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: December 14, 2010, 02:27:36 am »

Hey! It's snowing here! Finally!  Grin

Please? *makes puppy face*
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: December 14, 2010, 02:54:34 am »

I always prefer something handmade to something bought and, for that matter, so does (most of) my family. It's not the amount of money you shell out that matters, but the thought and effort you put into it. Smiley I have a friend who makes shortbread every year and you know that a dozen cookies are going to be part of the gift she gives you. It's a delicious present. LOL.

DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: December 14, 2010, 04:07:56 am »

Yum cookies! *smacks lips* I love handcrafted gifts, especially edible ones.  I went shopping and found the cutest romper/onesie for the baby this evening.  It says:  "all my mommy wants for Christmas is a silent night"  Titter.  I'm gearing up for a Christmas nap already.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 04:12:58 am by DaSpecial1 » Logged

Sims by Dasi:

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: December 19, 2010, 04:06:10 pm »

It's been awfully quiet in this thread for a few days so I thought I'd come in and give you a dose of the cuteness.

Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

I used to be as mad as a hatter

View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: December 19, 2010, 04:31:45 pm »

Oh thats so adorable!

No more hiding
Don't be afraid of what's inside
Anytime anybody pulls you down
Anytime anybody says you're not allowed