Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 10:52:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 116
  Print  
Author Topic: The New Official Spam Thread!  (Read 554391 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
Zooey
aka The Creeper

View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: November 27, 2010, 04:55:37 am »

I want to see snow.. Maybe I should put that on my bucket list..
Who doesn't? I miss arriving home wet from head to toes from college, like I always do when it snows. My colleagues are a bit infantile, but ... who isn't?

Please? *makes puppy face*
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1111 on: November 27, 2010, 05:33:07 am »

Snow is fun in moderate quantities, I'll agree with that. But I prefer having snow in December, maybe January, but that's it. I'm not very much on skiing, and playing around in the snow isn't fun without someone to play with. So I hope there will be some snow while I'm home in December, so me and my nephews can have some fun, maybe making a snow cave or sledding down some of the small hills at home, or make snow men and just play around. The youngest is almost one, so he's probably old enough to have a little fun out in the snow now.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

I used to be as mad as a hatter

View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: November 27, 2010, 05:47:54 am »

I've only ever seen snow before in pictures and movies and tv. My bucket list is slowly filling up XD

No more hiding
Don't be afraid of what's inside
Anytime anybody pulls you down
Anytime anybody says you're not allowed
Just remember you are not alone
Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: November 27, 2010, 07:18:06 am »

Who would have thought that taking down the only professional wrestling promotion most people have heard of, even IN the realm of a game on the PC, could be such exhausting work?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1114 on: November 27, 2010, 09:48:06 am »

I've only ever seen snow before in pictures and movies and tv. My bucket list is slowly filling up XD

It's very overrated, to be honest... Hollywood has a very romantic view on it. When it first shows up it's nice, but day 58 of digging out the car, then icy roads and traffic jams, another 30 cm of snow on the ground, icy stairs, roofs collapsing, penguin walk because of ten layers of clothing, and so on... it's not particularly romantic then.

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: November 27, 2010, 03:17:13 pm »

I'm looking at snow right now. Rain took most of it away, but there's still some left.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: November 27, 2010, 03:29:15 pm »

We've got no snow, but the air is crisp and cold while the grass is still as green as it was this summer. Another night of below freezing temps will take care of that, methinks.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: November 27, 2010, 04:33:02 pm »

I had ice down here but no snow yet. For the past few years in the side of Texas I've lived in, it snows at least two days by now but this year? Not at all. It kinda seems weird. I was finally getting used to the snow!
Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: November 27, 2010, 05:06:32 pm »

This week we were blessed (Really!) with nearly a week of snow. It was gentle and fluffy, the children had a blast. We didn't lose power or internet. No school, no work because the roads were bad - it made the mini-vacation of Thanksgiving start on Tuesday instead of Thursday. We are celebrating Turkey day late but who cares!?! I have always felt we should have the day BEFORE off from work so that we could do the prep work on Wednesday and truly enjoy Thanksgiving.

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1119 on: November 27, 2010, 06:14:46 pm »

I don't think I've ever had a single "snow day" off from school. No matter how bad roads or the weather is where I live, we have to go to school or work... Then again, if a little bad weather should put a stop to something where I live, we'd probably been off school and work for weeks or even months at a time, starting with the first snow fall Undecided

My site:

Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: November 28, 2010, 05:21:20 am »

Guess what!?! Nonni Rocks! At least I do with my grandchildren. We had out belated Thanksgiving last night. I was able to go out and get to my daughter's place unassisted. Then I tickled and giggled and squealed with my treasures.

My 3 yr. old grandson came running after me as I left throwing kisses to me. My grand daughter was starting to run a fever and was pooped out on couch.

YAY Nonni Rocks! YAY

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: November 28, 2010, 09:06:11 am »

Aww, Nonni! That's so sweet. You're the super grandmother Wink
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

I used to be as mad as a hatter

View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: December 04, 2010, 05:22:08 am »

I'm sunburnt.. and I have sunstroke. Everytime I stand up or move I almost pass out.
Thank you teachers for saying that I'll be fine without sunscreen when it was 40C in the sun and I was swimming and mucking around with friends all day in said 40C sun.

No more hiding
Don't be afraid of what's inside
Anytime anybody pulls you down
Anytime anybody says you're not allowed
Just remember you are not alone
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: December 04, 2010, 06:03:25 am »

Sunscreen is always a good idea, regardless of the temperature. It's possible to get badly sunburned in any weather, including snow (speaking from experience, here). UV rays can travel through clouds, fog, haze and glass, so never assume you are safe from being burned.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: December 04, 2010, 06:43:52 am »

I got sun-poisoning in February. I fell asleep rolled in a blanket totally covered except for my feet. Couldn't walk for a week.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 05:57:33 pm by Nonni » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 116
  Print  

Jump to: