Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 11:15:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 116
  Print  
Author Topic: The New Official Spam Thread!  (Read 553552 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: December 07, 2010, 08:44:58 am »

I am glad folks are trying to be more responsible and getting away from the "disposable" mindset towards our resources.
I think we can be much better stewards of this old world than we have been in the past.

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: December 07, 2010, 12:22:01 pm »

WE'RE the ones that made the hole in the ozone layer with hair spray propellant, killed animals that were non-replaceable, and tore through forests that took God knows how many years to grow. We went through resources that caused smog, acid rain and and various other nasties. We have polluted the sea water and fresh water with our filth and do nothing to prevent it. Our factories contribute to what the volcanoes spew into the atmosphere, making it that much worse. How can we NOT bear a share of the blame for what has been happening to the world that offers us shelter and a home? If the Gaia theorists are right, I don't friggin blame Mother Earth for trying to find a way to kill off the plague that human kind has become that is infecting and killing her.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1142 on: December 07, 2010, 11:14:24 pm »

And we've now been burning fossil fuels for a millenium.  That's actually significant, even in geologic time....

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1143 on: December 08, 2010, 01:17:51 am »

I don't know if we've got all the blame or not, but we do have quite a lot of the blame for destroying the ecology on Earth. There are very few places on the surface we've not been, built anything, or used as garbage storage yet... We've created deserts, still chop down about a soccer field of rain forest every second, and make the big cities almost impossible to live in because of all the pollution. We eat, hunt, kill, "be-pet" (read: destroy self), or destroy homes to most of the animals on Earth. Monkeys wouldn't need shelters if it wasn't for us. Dog DNA wouldn't be ruined if not for us (can you imagine a chihuaua managing to live on its own, hunt its own food? No? Me neither).

Whether or not we're doing all... who can tell? But we're doing a huge part of it. The little things we think we're doing to "save" the Earth isn't helping much. If the eco system is doing the changes on its own, maybe Earth is trying to "get rid of the infection". We're like a plague, honestly. And even that one didn't manage to get rid of us. Wiped out half of Europe, but we survived in the end. Ice age, extreme weather, tsunamis, super-bacterias... we survive anything. We would probably survive the downfall of the Earth (as long as it happens some years into the future, when we've already started inhabiting destroying the Moon or Mars or some other planet).

Maybe we're an "alien invasion" that came to Earth millions of years ago on a comet (that's one theory on how life came to Earth, anyway), "blended in" with the rest of the eco system, evolved to what we became, and now think ourselves the native masters of the world?

Something to think about...

Hmm... maybe I've watched too much Doctor Who lately...  Undecided

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: December 08, 2010, 06:12:13 am »

ROFL, Raven!

Propellants and assorted chemicals which destroy the ozone layer is a common accepted theory however, more recent studies have shown that simple things like livestock's feces containing methane or less grass (which releases more oxygen than trees) could also be the root cause of problems with the ozone layer.

That's the problem with science, though. As time goes on, most of what the general public knows is theories passed off by politicians and their respective followers as facts.

I wish we knew what exactly caused it though Sad
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: December 08, 2010, 11:14:38 am »

While I may not be a scientist and am in fact, one of the ignorant masses, I DO know that we've damaged this earth and screwed it up almost beyond repair. So pbbbbbbt!

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: December 08, 2010, 02:02:12 pm »

Doesn't matter anyways; the zombie apocalypse is just around the corner. Hope you've all been stocking up on supplies and weapons!

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: December 08, 2010, 02:30:47 pm »

Doesn't matter anyways; the zombie apocalypse is just around the corner. Hope you've all been stocking up on supplies and weapons!

*zombies surround* Ummm, can I borrow some...?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1148 on: December 08, 2010, 05:24:59 pm »

I've got antibac wipes, lots of washing powder, plenty of soap (as far as I know, zombies don't like bubble baths), and I think there might be some TNT and a used chainsaw in the shed. Does that help?

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: December 08, 2010, 09:55:49 pm »

To the victors go the spoiled (paraphrasing).

Makes you wonder if anyone will want what is left?

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

I used to be as mad as a hatter

View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: December 08, 2010, 09:56:45 pm »

I've got my father's gas, my brothers bad breath, a large supply of sharp knives and loads of chemicals that burn?
Is that helpful?

No more hiding
Don't be afraid of what's inside
Anytime anybody pulls you down
Anytime anybody says you're not allowed
Just remember you are not alone
fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: December 08, 2010, 11:10:30 pm »

*hides in raven's shelter* Makes you wonder how we got here... Lol Smiley
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: December 08, 2010, 11:29:53 pm »

I have lots of sharp, bladed weapons useful for such handy things as removing any number of zombie's heads from their shoulders. I can also get my hands on a substantial supply of MRE's from my brother-in-law. One of my neighbors is an engineer and he'll come in handy. He also brings his own tools *drags in neighbor*

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

I used to be as mad as a hatter

View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: December 08, 2010, 11:46:31 pm »

Does anyone have any fake zombies? We can use them to lure the real ones away I guess..

No more hiding
Don't be afraid of what's inside
Anytime anybody pulls you down
Anytime anybody says you're not allowed
Just remember you are not alone
Zooey
aka The Creeper

View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: December 09, 2010, 02:35:21 am »

As a matter of fact, there's a zombie girl in my class. Anyone wants her? 'Cause we certainly don't  Grin

Please? *makes puppy face*
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 116
  Print  

Jump to: