Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 12:01:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ~Freezing~  (Read 2030 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Pineapplez
Ms.understood

It wasn't me...

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2009, 06:40:06 pm »

I used to have a problem with my game crashing after about an hour of gamplay, but now after a couple days of searching and drastically reducing my downloads that seems to have put an end to that problem. But now (and I have looked thru-out the help thread to see if this was posted and it was not) I can can play my game fine until I decide to save it while I'm on a residential. About 5 seconds into the save it just freezes and of course I can no longer play the game Cry. I can go to a community lot and back or to the neighborhood screen and back but that just gets really annoying after a while just to save progress.. I don't really know how to begin to fix this...any ideas?? thanx in advance..

Oh how nice, you actually thought i was listening to you..
ladymiriam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 11:05:31 am »

I don't know what you've already tried but try deleting cache files, found in the Sims 2 folder where your download folder is.  I think there are 4, groups, accessories, cigen and another the name of which escapes me.  These can get corrupted and can be safely deleted, the game will generate new ones the next time it loads.  You may not have all of them but the ones you do have, delete them.  Many people delete these files before or after playing to avoid any issues that may arise when they do get corrupted.  If that doesn't work, take your whole download folder out and retry, after deleting any cache files that were regenerated.  You may have had this problem for a while but because your game kept crashing you're only discovering it now.  If you don't use the Hack Conflict Detection Utility from Sim's Wardrobe/Paladin's Place, go there and get it.  It is a starting point for possible problems, but hacks are sometimes meant to conflict or the conflict is harmless anyway.  Are your hacks all up to date and do you know how to get an error report?  Can't think of anything else off the top of my head but the more professional ones here will hopefully be able to add to what I've written.  Good luck. 

Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 09:49:27 pm »

Pineapplez, this is excellent advice from ladymiriam! It really worked for me and all the ladymiriam wrote was true for my game. Good luck!

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
Pineapplez
Ms.understood

It wasn't me...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 06:41:44 pm »

Thanx, I will give that a try. Though I have removed those files before I don't think that I have removed them all. I thought I had removed all the hacks from my game but maybe I have not. Like I said though I have cleaned out my custom content folder drastically and the game runs just fine just only when I save do I have the freezing problem... will test both solutions though cool

Edit: Hack Detection conflict- 0 found...will try deleting cache files and see how that goes
        Delete the cache files....saved one time but game still froze. Cry
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 07:10:15 am by Pineapplez » Logged

Oh how nice, you actually thought i was listening to you..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: