Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:46:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Photobooth picture frames?  (Read 2974 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MaryH

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2009, 06:32:06 am »

I've been looking forever for a hack or mod that would "frame" a Sim for a picture just like the photobooth frame, without using the photobooth to get the same result.
It would look like a Polaroid picture.
It would probably be a posebox, but I've not been able to find anything like it.

Rather like freezing your sim in place and putting the "photo" frame on it, to snap a quick picture of that sim-without using the Uni camera that is an aspiration object.

Any ideas?

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 11:13:04 am »

Only things I know of are the ingame paintings, the photobooth, the Uni camera, and the BV camera. I don't think there are other options than those.

If you mean you want to pose the sims like they pose in the photobooth, you could try JD's poseboxes

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 07:21:55 pm »

Ah, well. Guess I have to do it the old-fashioned way.
 You see, what I'm trying to do with it is make a "montage"  picture of simmies from my neighborhoods to put in as a neighborhood picture screen-the one that loads in the game, in order to differentiate the various Pleasantviews I have. I thought that I could do it the same way the original PV screen was done, with all the various characters pictured as in photographs.

I suppose I will just have to play around with various screen shots and the photo program that I have. I just needed the "shell" of the picture frame in order to use it effectively.

Thanks for the help, though.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 04:51:39 am »

hmm... why not just search for "polaroid" on google, and use one of those frames? If you can cut and paste with that photo program, it shouldn't be a big problem Smiley

I did find some polaroid shells as a download - they're here (last download). But I think you'll need photoshop for the file to work.
You could also take ordinary pictures, and recolor them into the frames in the link above. Then you can use them ingame, too Smiley
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 05:04:43 am by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 05:53:41 am »

Actually, after I had posted that, I did exactly what you suggested and got a frame that you can do it with..been playing with it a bit in Photofiltre.
Sometimes it takes my imagination a bit to fire up.

Edited 8/27:

I have found a really cool little app called "Polardroid", which takes images on your computer and transforms them into Polaroids..any JPEG can go into it. What's really cute is when you click on the link to start the program, a Polaroid camera pops up-then you drag and drop the image onto it; the "camera" makes the familiar grinding sound, and your image appears to be developing, just like the real thing. Wicked cool!

If you're interested in this, just google "Polardroid"-note the name. It's slightly different than the real Polaroid, but it is a free app.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 08:43:07 pm by MaryH » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: