Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 03:08:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Making more than 4 apartments inhabitable?  (Read 9994 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2009, 08:38:28 pm »

I could have sworn that I saw this question here before, but I never read it and now I can't find it anymore. Is there a way to make more than 4 apartments inhabitable on one lot? I have an apartment building with 6 apartments, but only 4 can be used by sims that aren't townies.

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 02:43:46 am »

One of the EA limitations on apartments was 4 playable households.  Any units beyond 4 would be townie/social group only.
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 11:52:08 am »

Well poop.
Thanks for the help, anywho.
I'll just copy the apartmentbase and make two of them so that there's enough room.

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
zerit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 09:18:33 am »

Sorry to bump this old thread, but as my question is the same, I didn't see the need to start a new topic.

Has there been any progress in the "more than 4 inhabitable apartments" issue?

I know this has been asked before, but as the newest thread I could find on this is 2 years old, I thought someone might have found a way to increase the limit.

Also, 2 years ago, this limit might have made sense, but not today. With my present computer I can smoothly run factories with up to 20 controllable workers (that's the mod limit). And I'm certain that my computer could handle more than 4 small families on 1 lot.
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 11:55:30 am »

Is there any reason for playing apartment when you want to have many controllable sims? You can play fake apartments. Today there are elements enough so that you don't need to play households that become townies anyway, even if you move them in. If your computer supports many sims you can create a small district with houses or buildings and move in entire families, all in a big lot. I doubt someone found a way to overcome the 4 flats limit even because AL is much more limited than that. Even 2 apartments cause enough issues to stop the game.
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

Fear me I'm 5'3" ooga booga booga

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 01:37:08 pm »

I think I know why your asking about this Zerit.  I have sims I like to keep in a group but not have to control at the same time.  4 works for me thankfully.  Playing one unit of the complex and watching the rest of my sims come around that arent game townies is much nicer for pictures and playability.  Controlling relationships is easier too, so while some may not see the need for more than 4 units per complex, if your social groups are larger than most maybe try putting 4 people to an apartment. 

zerit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 01:11:06 pm »

Is there any reason for playing apartment when you want to have many controllable sims? You can play fake apartments.
Wait a minute, I don't keep households with this many sims, that would be a micromanaging nightmare. On the factory I mentioned, the employees are directly controllable because that are all managers, and they don't require a lot of micromanagement because they are servos, and I use the servo recharger platform and the shift manager from simwardrobe.

The point is, the game and my computer both have no problem with crowded lots. And more useable apartments would allow more possibilities. For example, I would like to make a sort of servo employee hive. A huge building with dozens of tiny apartments, each just with a computer, a phone and a servo recharger. The way the game is now, only 4 of those apartments would actually have servos, all the others would have silly npc's...

I also like to make minimalistic future apartments for space colonies, and for that scenario, I cant build large apartment lots or I would have a ton of "out of costume" npc's walking around. The same goes for medieval hood apartments.

I think I know why your asking about this Zerit. I have sims I like to keep in a group but not have to control at the same time.
Exactly!

watching the rest of my sims come around that arent game townies is much nicer for pictures and playability. 
This too.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: