Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:20:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ugly Question of Money  (Read 27125 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2009, 07:20:04 am »

Yep, me too, but it's OK by me. They'll just apply it to the next month.
Stinkerbella
Site Santa!

Duchess of Dorks

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2009, 06:36:54 pm »

Due to a recent hacking of my account *since doofus me was using my card directly linked to my bank account. feel free to add jokes or smack me upside the head later lol* I've been wanting to donate but since that I was wondering will there ever be an option for maybe money orders to be sent in? I'm pretty sure someone else may like the option, but I'd like to try it that way for the time being. I plan on getting a card separate from the account but not until sometime after the holidays. Even then since I'm a HUGE procrastinator it may be abit longer. If that's not going to ever be an option, then I will put a rush on getting the card, also since I've grown use to ordering online.  Grin

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work -Thomas Edison
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2009, 06:42:48 pm »

Thing is, while a good deal of our membership is here in the States, the server is in Ali's name and Ali is in the U.K. and money orders don't translate well...

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Stinkerbella
Site Santa!

Duchess of Dorks

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2009, 06:48:39 pm »

Ah ok. Didn't know that part. LoL. I'll just have to make sure after the holiday stuff is over with to get that card then. Thanks for the answer.  Grin

Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2009, 08:51:19 am »

I can pay in foreign currency cheques however the bank then takes a fairly hefty chunk of it, more so than paypal. My bank has to talk to your bank, each takes a cut for the pleasure of talking, then my bank converts it into sterling and takes another cut, I would then have to convert it back to USD and the bank would take another cut to pay the bill which is in USD - and people wonder why banks make so much money!! For all those reasons, paypal is really the only way to go as I keep the account in USD so as not to lose anything and also, none of it actually goes into my bank account - it just sits in cyber space waiting for the monthly bill to arrive.

Also, for obvious reasons, I'm reluctant to post my address publicly!!

You can pay e-cheques into paypal, we've had a few of those in the last year.

If you can't donate it's no problem, you all help keep the site going just by being here. If you can donate then that's fantastic Cheesy

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Stinkerbella
Site Santa!

Duchess of Dorks

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2009, 06:11:09 pm »

SHEESH! Banks will do anything to make that dollar. LoL. I figured it was complicated but I didn't imagine it like that. LoL. Then again why am I acting surprised they'd do something like that. HAHA! I'll just have to get that card and everything will be ok then for me. I can just add what I want to donate, so whoever hacks me again will just have to wait till I add money to try again.  tongue
I know how you feel about posting your home address. I always use my work address for online things.  Grin I'm not familiar with the e-cheques, but I'll be sure look into that. Maybe that'll be my option till I get that card I speak of. I'd really like to donate. This site is too awesome to let anything happen to it. Also I love the thought I'd be donating to the site and Walt's not getting one penny of it.  Evil

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: