Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 06:48:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question concerning the packaging of a lot  (Read 2291 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ladymiriam

View Profile WWW
« on: August 31, 2009, 09:57:26 am »

Hello,
I'm preparing my first uploaded lot and packaged it up last night.  I know that things can end up in the package that you don't want to be there, but my lot seems to have loads of objects and recolours I know I didn't put on the lot, such as Numenor's recolourable stairs.  The size of the lot is nearly 80mb but it's only 2 floors on a 4x4 lot, furnished only on the ground floor with maxis furniture with a handful of cc.  I have since gone back into the lot and written down everything I used so I can take out all the unwanted content in the package.  I'm wondering if this is entirely normal or is the lot broken somehow, with so much extra content in there not just a sneaky hack?  This is a requested upload and as I said my first ever, so I do not want to muck this up.  It's also taken me a fair amount of time to get right and I don't want to have to rebuild it.  So, will it be safe enough for me to take out everything that's not meant to be there?  Thank you for your time.

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 11:39:55 am »

Yep, it should be fine. It's one of the normal annoyances of the game to sneak in objects you don't want included.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
ladymiriam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 02:25:38 pm »

Phew, thanks.  First upload soon then...as soon as I sort out my monitor problems-my son turned my computer off today, game up and lot loaded, at the socket no less and now the damn thing won't stop cutting out.  If it ain't one thing...

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 06:16:58 pm »

As Joy said, it is perfectly normal. A bit of advice, though: provide a list of CC used in the house. These days a lot of creators use the repository method and if you don't include the master object but only a slave (eg. if you don't include the floor mirror from the Grand Trianon set from MTS but you used another object from the set to furnish the house) the downloader may end up with a bunch of objects flashing blue because of the missing master object. This is just so that whoever downloads the house will be able to get any missing objects/meshes and make it work like it does in your game. And sometimes people like some of the objects you used and want to download the whole set so it's just nice and a courtesy to provide a list.

Also, when uploading a house list all EPs and SPs used to make it. Objects from a SP will simply disappear from a house when someone without the SP installs it. But if someone is missing an EP, the house will make their game crash. Just because Clean Installer lets them install it does not mean that it will work for them. So a list of EPs you had installed at the time of making the house is vital. It will also save on your sanity, because if the house keeps crashing people's games and they keep complaining in the download thread at least you know what the first likely question is - do they have the same expansions as you? Because if not, that is why it crashes.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
ladymiriam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 05:21:21 am »

Thank you Engram, I was wondering about the repository technique thing too, making things bit messy.  I'm spending ages writing lists, checking TOUs and finding the links but there's not that much cc, compared to many.  Thank you for the advice, nice to have the confirmation that I'm doing things right.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: