Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 01:39:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with lot downloads  (Read 1493 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
login error

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2009, 11:45:20 am »

Anyone else ever had problems loading residential lots downloaded from XM Sims? I've downloaded several, but every one of them crashes my game when I try to place them in a neighborhood and load them in my game.It's really frustrating cuz they are some really nice houses. I know they are for TS2, so that's not the issue and they are all listed to work with all expansions. I personally only have Base game with University and Nightlife. The only thing I can figure is that they mean that you need to have all expansions, but that seems unlikely to me.
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 11:53:27 am »

Did you try to install them using Clean Installer? It helps you to preview the content and decide what exactly you will install. For installing just the lot (with no content) uncheck everything but "lot segement".

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 09:23:16 pm »

The houses are not listed as being compatible with all expansions. The list of expansion packs means that those are the expansions you need in order for the house NOT to crash your game.

"The only thing I can figure is that they mean that you need to have all expansions, but that seems unlikely to me."

That is actually exactly what you need - all the expansions listed in the download. They're giving a requirements list not a compatibility list.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: