Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 05:07:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ikea items suddenly gone...-Solved-  (Read 3584 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Interviewithasim

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2009, 02:25:08 am »

Hi...I'm not sure how or when this happened but, I recently noticed that all the IKEA stuff pack items are gone out of my buy/build section. I probably didn't notice before because I use a lot of the same stuff for my houses...and I hardly use the IKEA items...I noticed that the IKEA collection in buy mode is empty too...I'm not sure what caused this. I tested my game without ALL my downloads including hacks/hacked objects, because that's the first thing I thought of that might've caused this. BUT all the items still don't show up. All the IKEA items just disappeared out of nowhere...It's totally random. I checked, and IKEA SP is still installed.

I'm pretty much planning on re-installing IKEA (because I'm assuming that would be the solution to get the items back), but I'd like to know what caused this...and even if I do re-install it, all the items might disappear again....

Does anyone have any ideas of what might've caused this?

Btw I have all EPs & SPs except Mansion & Garden & Family Fun.

Thanks. Smiley
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 10:39:39 pm by Interviewithasim » Logged
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 03:55:26 am »

Before you do anything else, go to My Documents--EA Games--The Sims 2 folder and delete the following files (if any of them are there):

groups.cache
accessory.cache
cigen.package
Content registry

All safe to do -- game will create fresh files if they're needed.

Those files can and do become bloated or corrupted, and having fresh versions created by the game can help with such problems.

Also, if you've not already done so, make sure all your EPs/SPs are patched. Note that if at any time you've uninstalled a patched EP/SP and then re-installed it, it will need to be patched anew.

Patches here:

http://thesims2.ea.com/update/
Interviewithasim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 09:27:13 pm »

Thank you for replying. I do know about deleting those files, but for some reason it hadn't crossed my mind to delete them. So, I'll try that out. Thanks again!  Cheesy

edit: Ok, I deleted the groups.cache, accessory.cache, cigen.package, and Content registry
files, and loaded my game up, but the Ikea items still aren't there.

I tried to unnistall Ikea, but a window came up saying something like "this file doesn't exist," or "Can't delete, invailid file, as it doesn't exist." So I had to delete all the Ikea files manually (which might of been a stupid idea Undecided), and I reinstalled Ikea, and the items are displaying! But thanks for the help anyway.  Grin
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 10:39:06 pm by Interviewithasim » Logged
Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 08:55:16 pm »

I was having trouble with Ikea stuff after I purchased and installed 'University Life Collection'.  It included Ikea and Teen stuff. First, I had the blue flashing which has happened before whenever I have installed new EPs or SPs. I followed the procedure given by rwills including checking patches and hack conflicts (it was clean). When those steps didn't solve problem of flashing blue Ikea stuff, I disable Custom Content, took everything out of download folder and re-opened my game. Still flashing blue. Then I went to the EA download manager and clicked the 'red x' next to Ikea stuff pack. I uninstalled Ikea in my computer control panel uninstall program. Now I have no Ikea stuff.

I couldn't figure out how to re-intall my Ikea Stuff Pack so I googled it and the answer was to do it the same way I installed the first time.
 Headwall
OK, I will grovel. I can't figure out how to retrace the steps from an online purchase and digital download. I've become so confused. I'm not sure I should even be using this thread or topic or whatever. Please help me if you can. Don't throw me to the EA tech support, I've been there and grown cobwebs as we try this and then try that.

I apologize in advance if I should have started this post somewhere else.

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 11:20:06 pm »

Unfortunately Nonni with a digital download in order to redownload (a game you have purchased) you had to have paid for the reinstall at time of purchase.  They don't call it that and I can't remember the name the gave the process but when I purchased SLS they offered unlimited downloads for the next two years for like $5.95 extra.  Being oblivious to the Sims EA, & PC gaming in general I really didn't get what that meant but got it anyway.  I'm guessing that they haven't changed that policy so check your online receipt if you have it.

I saved my receipt on my comp.    When my computer had issues with the game that caused me to need a reinstallation I had to go back to that reciept and click on the purchased game to reinstall again.  There may be a better way but EA was no help so if there is I don't know it.

Also I had to uninstall & reinstall the EA download manager to get a fresh copy of the game or else the dl manager tells you the game you're trying to install is already installed.  I'd backup a copy of the stuff you have left (EA allows you to make one backup) before uninstalling anything else though.

Sims by Dasi:

Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 01:16:23 pm »

Dasi, Thanks for the input and the empathy.

I bought that 'insurance' for $5.95 extra also.  I have the Activation Code and I un-installed and re-install the EA Download Manager. I got my Ikea Stuff back but it is still flashing blue.

I put my downloads back (custom content, modifications and cheats) and took the Disable Custom Content off and my game still functions like I want. (except for the flashing)

The support site had me update my DirectX driver. I have used their compatibility check tool and everything passed.

I made sure I had included the meshes for the custom stuff.

You know I won't let this rest.

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 01:47:21 pm »

Did you install the CEP?  If not grab it here: CEP

That may fix it.

Sims by Dasi:

Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 06:08:43 pm »

I did have CEP but just in case, I un-installed and re-installed it. It was a good idea but my Ikea stuff is still flashing.    

Blue, that is. Wink

Dasi, update:  By the way the EA Customer Support decided to let me do what I had asked for before: Uninstall and reinstall my old Ikea Stuff. I had tried to do it myself but didn't know all the steps. Some nice tech named Pogo sent me detailed instructs and Voila!

I have my old Non-flashing Ikea stuff back and my game works just the way I like it.

Hurrah!  YAY
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 01:16:12 pm by Nonni » Logged

DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2009, 10:42:19 pm »

Wow you got EA to answer you?!  I tried for 8 months and they never helped me.  Glad your stuff is working now Goodjob

Sims by Dasi:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: