Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:05:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims disappearing  (Read 3807 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Charley

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2009, 03:34:25 pm »

Dunno if this is normal....

Can families you don't play 'move out of the area'?

Its just that I created me and my bf, we had 2 kids, a boy and a girl. I pursued the daughter, then her children had children. When I check in the family tree my self sim, her son who is/was married to Kaylynn and his 3 kids are still alive but nowhere to be found in the neightbour hood, can't phone them and have no relationships with them......

Is this a glitch or normal?

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 04:00:52 pm »

No, it's not a glitch. That's how the game handle the Sims. If you switch away from your original family, they will "move out of the area" never to be seen again. That was EA's stupid design.

You won't have this problem if you have either Indie Stone Story Progression or Awesome Mod installed that will prevent your families from "moving out of the area never to be seen again". They will move out, but you will still contact them via phone as if they're just moving from their old home to a new home.

If you want to learn about both Awesome Mod and Indie Stone, here are the links to each core mod:

Pescado's Awesome Core Mod

lemmy101's Indie Stone Story Progression Core Mod

They are core mods that modify Sims 3 in a huge way that affects how you play the game and handle the Sims.

NOTE:

Pescado also redid Awesome Mod to allow players to choose the story progression part of either AM or Indie Stone (integrated with AM).

Read the descriptions, look at the screenshots and decide which one you want.

*Edited*

Also, I forgot to mention a third core mod:

Wintermute's Gabriel-Alpha Core Mod

This one functions very similar to Indie Stone Progression with additional features to allow Sims to interact with the Grim Reaper and stuff like that. The details are available to compare that mod against Pescado's and lemmy101's core mods.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 05:20:22 pm »

cheers for the quick reply. Could you explain how I install them? I haven't got any downloads at all so not sure what to do. I also wanted the teen pregnancy mod, but could figure out how to install. Could you give me some pointers?

Joe_Debock

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 12:44:57 am »

one have to install any of them just patch the game with 1.4 Maxis has address by public demand to protect you sims and played sims from moving out, have not lost a singlr sim I cared for in the game since
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 06:38:04 am »

Since you are new to downloading, you may want to use Delphy's Download Monkey over at MTS - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=344611 it will keep everything straight for you. Be sure to read the documentation, print it and keep it would be a good idea. Also, I have avoided the move out problem by using the edit town function and changing households every few sims days to keep the households active. However, when you do this you loose all wishes, promises, and opportunities for the family you are currently playing.
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 11:58:50 am »

Thanks for the tip. I downloaded that and read that you needed some framework mod, and i an't figure out how to install it with the download program. Sorry for being a noob, this is much more difficult than the sims 2 in regards to downloads!

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 12:32:12 pm »

Sure, I can.

Framework is a method to force Sims 3 to read the mods and use them instead to override certain behaviors in the game.

You can read about Framework and get the instructions to install the mod.

By the way, Joe_Debock, I wouldn't trust EA on their word that they actually fixed this problem with a patch because they already released at least 2 or 3 patches since Sims 3 came out last June. That's 3 months ago.

Pescado pretty much fixed a lot of issues with the game as well as others have done with their own core mods.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Charley

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 12:58:48 pm »

I have had another look and all seems to be there already except the 'Files' folder. SO do I just add this and it will work. Downloaded that monkey program and it seems to placing files Cheesy Hopefully I shall have some downloads. Does it matter if they don't go in the specific folders in Mods, is this just there for organisation rather than necessity?

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 06:48:35 pm »

Well, if you wanted subfolders, you will have to edit the resource.cfg file that comes with Framework to add more folders. You don't want to do that just yet until you get the hang of folder structure and mods until you feel more confident to add subfolders and edit the resource.cfg file.

Dancing Squirrels
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: