Insimenator.org
March 18, 2024, 11:59:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WCIF - Mod to stop the autonomous "Give financial advice" action on computer  (Read 6016 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2009, 01:19:53 am »

Since FT we can give this perk to fortune sims.  My problem is that Fortune sims loves doing it whenever they have the chance and it is driving me nuts.  They can go up 3 floors just to do it and totally ignore other nice objects around them.

I know I could simply not give this perk to my sims but I find it handy for some sims that just moved in a new house or graduated so they can make extra money.

So I am looking for either a mod that simply stop this autonomous interaction or lower the attractiveness of it.

I looked around and did not find anything so far.  I have Twojeffs Computer fixes no autonomy mod but it does not affect that action.

I have all EP's up to AL and none of the Stuff packs.

thanks for all the help you can give me.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 09:27:39 am »

Monique's computers are non-autonomous for both FT and AL, and they work with any computer-related mods. None of my Sims wanted to do anything autonomously with the computers whether it be give financial advice or not.

BUT if you only want a mod to affect only the Give Financial Consulting (or Advice), I could do one for you if you like.

I don't think there's a mod out there to prevent Sims from doing that one.

*Edited*

If you don't mind, I moved this thread over to Squinge's Mod Requests section. I have a new mod made up for testing and should get the results soon.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 10:44:04 am by Chaavik » Logged

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 03:52:54 pm »

thanks Chaavik and I do not mind at all.  Actually I really happy you made a mod just for me.  Hug2

So what you are saying to me is by just adding Monique's computer I won't need such a mod and I could even get rid of TJ's no-autonomous computer mod?

Must I place a specific computer on my lots if I use Monique's mod or does it automaticaly affects all the ones existing?  I do not have any cc computers.  

I am not totally aware of what's Monique mod changes in the game I will have to check and make sure it is something I want too.

If that is not the case then I would prefer you make a seperate mod and I can test it if you wish.  I still have access to the beta section btw  Wink so it is not a problem for me to test it all.  I will wait for your ok though before I do so.

ETA:  I check Monique's computer and it is doing way more then I need and I already have mods fixing issues mention in the post, so a stand alone mod would be the best for me.  Thanks
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 04:03:44 pm by MissDoh » Logged
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 05:55:09 pm »

Originally, Monique's computers up to BV were autonomous. When FT came out, I decided to check what is broken on her computers and discovered that her computers became a bit too autonomous. The Sims wouldn't leave the computers alone. So, when I worked on the new generation of computers for FT, I made them non-autonomous in whole and not just with some of the interactions. And it was the same for the next generation of computers for AL - no more autonomy unless you direct your employees to study for their badges.

The only thing I changed about the "Give Financial Advice" interaction was the name of the interaction itself. The interaction was originally called "Give Financial Consulting" when you click on the computer to choose an interaction. That made no sense. So it was later changed to "Give Financial Advice", ironically the same name for the BHAV itself. I don't remember if the interaction was autonomous or not. Been awhile since they were updated for FT.  Grin

I don't mind making a standalone mod really if you prefer not to have any CC computers. In fact, I have it ready if you want to test it for me since you experienced this undesirable behavior than I have.

I do use TJ's no autonomous computer fixes for other computers that fit my Sims' styles. There's no conflict between any of the MQ computers and TJ's mod at all, which is a nice thing to have.

Please do let me know how this works for you. This should work for AL and MG. FT is of course required obviously. I also have Engram to check this mod out when she can to compare the results.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 09:22:29 pm by Chaavik » Logged

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 06:38:10 pm »

I will test it with pleasure thanks.

I appreciate the detailed info you gave me about Monique computer mod.  Since it is not conflicting with other mods I will look into what it is doing more closely but I still want the stand-alone mod which I just downloaded and will test with teens, adults and elders to make sure it works with everyone.

To make a faster and valuable test, I will remove all fun objects on a lot just leaving the computer to use for those Fortune sim with that perk.  Since I have TJ no autonomous computer mod, none will even try to do fun stuff or any other action with it.

I just ran the HCDU and this possible conflict showed up:

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Interaction - Give Financial Advice - TEST
Group ID: 0x7F441294
Instance ID: 0x00002092
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\Squingehack\NoAutonomousGiveFinancialAdvice-FT.package
\downloads\Twojeffs\Computer Fixes - No Autonomy.package

Can you confirm to me if those 2 mods are safe to use together or not before I start with my testing.

Thanks
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 06:52:08 pm »

Change the load order so that the mod I made will load after TJ's to override his mod. His mod uses a different BHAV that's related to giving financial advice.

Dancing Squirrels
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 07:02:46 pm »

No problem, just renamed it so it starts with a Z.

I should post my results in the next few days­ if not sooner.

Thanks again. You  Rock
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 07:55:28 pm »

Sorry for double-posting but I wanted to make sure you would see I posted the results since there is no notice for updating a post.

Took way less time to test it then I initially thought.  I tried all computers including the one we received as a gift on residential lots.  All computers were ignored by teens, adults and elders.  I checked to make sure they were able to do the action if directed too both at home and community lots and did not experience any problems they did make money when using the option.  Seems to be getting along well with TJ's no autonomous computer mod since no error appeared while I tested it and your mod did load last.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I could not test it with YA though since I do not have any sims attending Universtiy part right now but since it is working with the other age stages I see no reason it would not for YA too.  I could not try it on a business lot either since none of my sims are owning a business right now.

I do not have any stuff packs so if new computers came with any of the stuff pack well I was not able to test them.  I do not have any cc computers either so again I could not test if it affects cc computers too or not.  You probably know better then me.  tongue

If ever later I notice a problem with YA's, business lots or any other type of problems, I will report in the "Squinge mod help section".

So tested with all of the EP'S including AL but none of the stuff pack.  It is of course up to you to decide if it deserve further testing before releasing it.

thanks again.  YAY
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 09:24:22 pm »

That's great news! I'm glad to hear from you what you did and what the results were. Yeah, I'll see what happens when Engram can test this mod. She usually test with no mods installed so she can get better results from the test mod than to find out later if something else was lurking about.

Thanks again, and no problem about the double post since this is a special case to see if this mod resolves the problem you were having.

Dancing Squirrels
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2009, 02:19:05 am »

Stop double posting Tongue

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009, 11:32:46 pm »

Stop spamming, Dork. Tongue

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: