Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 10:29:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple questions. Please help!  (Read 2300 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SIMone de beauvoir

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2009, 07:58:16 am »

Hello, guys!

I bought my Sims 3 yesterday... I'm so happy. I had no troubles with it, at all, except for one... Mirror reflections. Even with the best in-game graphics config, they don't look right... They crash. They show some... glitching?? How do you name those weird blue moving squares... pixels... ? I don't know.

So... Hardware is fine and brand new. My Video Card and computer resources are just perfect for playing this game... I'm guessing that I thought I had the best Video Card configuration, but I missed something... It has to be some option that I checked or unchecked in Nvidia's Control Panel. But I don't know what it is.

The question is: Does anyone know what could it be?

Second question: I can't wait to start downloading stuff. I've read where do package files and sim files go. But I'm not sure if I can in those folders, freely make tons of subfolders, as I would do with Sims 2, to organize my downloads.

I do not want to make the same mistakes I did with my Sims 2... at the end, organizing Downloads was torture... Sims 3 is a fresh start... a chance to do things right, right from the start. He he he... Wow. Guess I'm taking this too seriously... He he he.

Thanks!
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 09:17:27 am »

Have you checked for new video card drivers from nvidia?

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
SIMone de beauvoir

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 09:37:32 pm »

I haven't checked if there're are any driver updates available for Nvidia, but the PC is quite new, I guess I must have the latest drivers installed... I'll check for updates, anyway.

However, as it is only the mirror reflections that do not show correctly, and everything else looks just perfect, I'm guessing it's not the Video Card drivers... It has to be an option... that I did not configurate the right way... For instance when I first played the game, it didn't run, and I got this pop up message that said: "Your anti-alias should be configured to be controlled by the application and not the video card, for the game to run properly". After that, it runned perfectly.

I'm playing the game with both, the in-game and the Nvidia Control Panel configurations set to the highest video qualities, and the game runs smoothly and beautifully. So it's really disappointing that the mirror reflections are glitching. Plus, it's annoying...

Anyone knows about this or has a similar problem?
About the other question about downloads, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 09:47:36 pm »

A new PC doesn't guarantee the latest drivers are installed, unless you had it custom built for you. If you bought it pre-made, from a store, then it could have been sitting in a box in the store for a while, then you have to add to that the time it sat in a warehouse and was being shipped. Smiley Even if it was only two weeks between being made and getting in your hands (so to speak), new drivers can come out.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 11:27:58 pm »

It does have a lot to do with graphics and graphic cards. Like Joy said, the computer someone buy doesn't come straight out of the factory and into the store in 5 days. Some chain stores have distribution centers where they stock up on stuff including computers. From the time the computer came out of the factory to the time the computer came into your house could be month(s) in between. I should know. I worked for CompUSA who had a distribution center, and they had computers and computer parts in stock waiting to be shipped whenever we need to replenish our store stock.

No matter how new your computer is, you should always check for driver updates. That's what I do every time I build my own machine and install XP on it. Nvidia may or may not be aware of issues between their line and Sims 3. Check their site for any hint that they're aware of the problems or not or if they already updated the drivers for the card.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: