Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 01:49:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: REQUEST: A recolor of an All About Styles Dress *FILLED*  (Read 5180 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
simneesee
Queen of All She Surveys
Site Santa!

Hey, what's goin on?----i'm confused...

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2009, 12:39:25 pm »

Hi! Cheesy I have absolutely no clue how to recolor! huh but i love this dress, and would love for it to be in a pinkish purple kind of color. For those of you who have seen the movie "i can do bad all by myself" by tyler perry, i would really like the pink bandage dress at the end of the movie. I have found a black dress very similar to it, so i'd love it in pink. YAY I'm attaching the image to this topic. Thank you for any help any creators can give me!! Hug2

« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 11:55:27 am by simneesee » Logged

Gaah I never know what to put here!!! But while you're here, click my dragon egg please Smiley
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 08:52:56 pm »

I fixed the image in your post so it will display correctly. Just so you know, when you're selecting the code to use, you want to use the IMG codes for bulletin boards, not HTML. Smiley

It should look like this (but without the asterisks):

[IMG*]http://photobucket.com/albums/vv334/simneesee/blacktopink.jpg[/IMG*]

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
simneesee
Queen of All She Surveys
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 02:24:35 pm »

oh ok thank you!!  Grin

Gaah I never know what to put here!!! But while you're here, click my dragon egg please Smiley
aerykbacon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 03:01:51 pm »

If you'd link to the mesh and recolor, It would take all of 15 minutes. 14 and 30 second for bodyshop to load 30 for the recolor...
simneesee
Queen of All She Surveys
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 08:37:03 pm »

Sure! The dress is at http://www.all-about-style.com/adult_feca7.html and the dress is the 1st at the bottom! I'd like it to be pink/purple...Thank you for helping!

aerykbacon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 03:37:46 pm »

Sorry can't now.... thought I could, but comp problems... If you have adobe, there is a terrific and incredibly easy tutorial at MTS2. This was one of the first things I learned how to do. You know pming asking nicely gets you farther than a forum request. Especially this one being so easy, I'd bet any capable nice person would do it, just ask someone who has made clothes.

Edit:
... http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=172166

« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 10:29:30 am by asdfqwer » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 03:57:35 pm »

It would be helpful to the OP if you could edit your post to include a link to the tutorial you're talking about. Wink

Edit: As for your comment re: kissing up, it doesn't necessarily get you farther. Not here at least. Anyone who puts in a polite request will usually get the help they need. What one person finds easy another will think is difficult. It's all a matter of what you are personally good at.

And I shall never be purged from caffeine. It's the source of all my mighty power. I asked you for the link because MTS is a big site with a lot of tutorials and some of us may be a bit psycho, but we're certainly not psychic. Wink
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 05:53:09 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
simneesee
Queen of All She Surveys
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 10:26:29 pm »

Thanks for the link, but as Joy said some people do find it difficult (like me Smiley) I did try to recolor this myself and followed the tutorial but as luck would have it, I made the dress look even worse!  Cheesy So, yes I still need someone to fill my request, if they are so inclined Smiley

aerykbacon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2009, 10:27:40 am »

If you adust the brightness, and contrast I know it helps. That and you could to switch the paintbrush into color mode, or lighten mode if it works better .I'm very sorry I couldn't help, I wanted to try. I know it is very difficult to get things done especially if you don't have the computer skills. People just expect other people to know how to do things. Me, I just start learning the computer through paint, and moved on to photoshop, so recoloring was like childs play to me, but not many of the other things.

About the not linking thing... Everybody who ever refered me to a tutorial on MTS(2?) never bothered linking to it. I had to wade through and find it myself, but by now it is like my home page. I just figured it was standard pratctice because "anyone and everyone knows about MTS."

And about kissing up...
It was my own sarcastic way, of telling you to not for get your  pleases and thank you's, and being polite. You know just asking nicely. Thats what MTS says about requests, because they don't have a request forum.

And sorry for being snippy everyone Embarrassed.... I'm editing my post joy.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2009, 10:56:02 am »

Something like this? (just tell me if the pink is wrong...)

I've just learned a simpler way of recoloring myself - so now I find it a lot easier to change colors without the texture looking awful...

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
simneesee
Queen of All She Surveys
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2009, 03:23:48 pm »

theraven, that's PERFECT!! YAY thank you so much!

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2009, 03:38:25 pm »

Download it here Smiley
I left the shoes black, hope that's ok. Enabled as everyday and formal.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 03:45:22 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
simneesee
Queen of All She Surveys
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2009, 07:27:59 pm »

thank you thank you thank you!!!!  YAY ok this thread can be locked Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: