Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 02:24:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP: Patrick Swazye  (Read 4564 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
TheDebofNight

View Profile WWW
« on: September 14, 2009, 07:48:41 pm »

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedishrag/2009/09/sad-news-patrick-swayze-dies-of-cancer-after-a-two-year-fight.html

I normally don’t come out of my normal realm o lurking and post much of anything, but a few minutes ago my friend sent me a link and reported that Patrick Swazye had passed away loosing his two year battle with cancer. I didn’t personally know him but I will always remember him from his roles in Dirty Dancing and Too Wong Foo.

He was a remarkable actor, animal lover, he put up a long battle with cancer and he will be greatly missed by his family, his friends, and his fans.

Chronicles of a Former Cammy Do Girl
A Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines Fanfiction
--------------------------------------
STAR LIGHT STAR BRIGHT
Super Hero's in LAs Vegas?
That's right, will you fight for Light or Dark?
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 08:14:35 pm »

Rest in peace, Pat Swayze... it's sad to hear of yet another cancer victim, especially after his long struggle to beat it.  Sad

I'll never forget the first time I saw Dirty Dancing and fell in love with the last dance scene.  Of course, I was three at that time, but it became one of my favorite movies to watch over the years.  He will surely be missed. 

DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 08:55:39 pm »

Like you Tenshii my daughter is way to young to see the whole movie but saw an excerpt I had taped from the last scene the stage dance.  She must have watched it a dozen times after that imitating the dance (she especially like his dance but also loved that there were two kids on the dance floor Smiley ).  

Very rough year for some of my most favorite actors and their families.   I share their pain having lost both my mother and brother in the past 8 months.  John Travolta's son Jett,  Natasha Richardson, Andy Hallet, David Carradine, Farrah Fawcett, Micheal Jackson, Ted Kennedy... & now Patrick Swayze.  Kind wishes go out to their families--they will all be remembered.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 09:05:35 pm by DaSpecial1 » Logged

Sims by Dasi:

SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 09:04:11 pm »

I just now saw the news. That is just terrible, but he put up a long fight. He's at peace now.
I'll never forget him as Miss Vita Boheim (sp).
RIP Patrick Swayze

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
Care

contimplation or constipation?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 09:08:08 pm »

I loved that Movie I loved most of his movie and him as an actor. He was a great dancer. He will be missed..

Rest in Peace...

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 12:23:35 pm »

The first time I saw Patrick Swayze was in the television mini-series, North and South, based on the novel of the same name by John Jakes. I was impressed, to say the least. I've seen some of his other stuff, listened to his song on the radio countless times, and kept track of what he was doing kind of out the corner of my eye. I'm gonna miss him... I especially loved his role in Ghost and how he and Whoopi Goldberg played off of one another. Very talented man, very courageous man and he's going to be missed. He was also a very faithful and loving man, just check out how he never messed around on his wife, a rare thing for the celebrity world. All in all, he's the kind of man I would like to see my son grow up to be like.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 12:42:09 pm »

He was an amazing dancer and a gifted actor. More important than that, he was man of integrity and his spirit and optimism were admirable. He faced his disease with a courage seen in few. 

May he rest in peace.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 09:55:50 pm »

And he managed to keep a smile on and his chin up throughout the whole battle.

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: