Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 02:13:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SOLVED: ['hood question] Is this possible?  (Read 1692 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
atiyatia

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2009, 09:50:41 am »

I have a main 'hood, North Shore. After it was created, I did the usual - I made inhabitants and then went about adding vacation spots, universities, etc.

Now, is there any way to get say ... another main 'hood such as Veronaville (that already has inhabitants but has no downtown, university, vacation spots, etc. of it's own) to just simply become the downtown lot to North Shore [my main 'hood]? I really just would like to have my two main 'hoods interconnected so that all of my sims can interact together.

Is it possible to do this? If so can some be kind enough to direct me to a tutorial or tell me how to do this? I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

=)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 11:50:29 am by atiyatia » Logged
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 05:42:04 pm »

It might be possible, but it takes a lot of work to do it. If you're willing to learn how to do it, you should head over to MATY and just search using search terms such as "subhood", etc. They have some very instructive and intense tutorials on how to attach hoods to one another.
In my view, it would probably be easier just to download a existing merged neighborhood, such as HP's, or SaraMK's from MATY. They're complete and the creators did all the work.

But of course you're the final judge of what you want to do.

atiyatia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 03:00:26 pm »

Thank you Mary! I really appreciate the help, and I'll do as you suggested.

Thanks again!

=)
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 05:41:20 am »

You won't find the tutorial by searching for "subhood" or at least not easily. Here it is: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,4480.0.html

Simply apply the described method to Veronaville and attach it to your main hood as a Downtown or a Shopping District.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: