Insimenator.org
April 30, 2024, 01:10:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WCIF my Sims thumbnail  (Read 3287 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2009, 04:18:20 pm »

I have found snapshots, screenshots, CAS thumbnails and a preview from clean pack installer and there is a pic in SimPE but I don't know where the thumbnail is or how to get it in post.

Dasi has tried working with me on CC requirements for days to get my Sparkle upload into InSim.org site, but time differences and health issues make it difficult for her (plus I'm just dense, I guess).

Caffeinated Joy has also tried to help me locate creators and artists and their TOSs.

I have put poses, candid shots, and some shots with humor into my Photobucket album. All my album photos came from inside the game.

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 04:35:23 pm »

Not really sure what you're after, but if you mean the thumbnails in the "neighborhoods--> N00X--> storytelling" folders, then they're mixed up with the snapshots.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 04:42:02 pm »

Is this a request for help or for a mod?

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 05:04:45 pm »

Sorry, Chaavik, I'm in the wrong place. I need help finding my thumbnail for my Sim to place in post. So this topic was put in 'WCF' in error. My bad.

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 05:39:59 pm »

What thumbnail are you looking for? I think you need to explain a bit better...

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 06:01:28 pm »

Ok, thank you for asking, Raven.

The Sim I created in my game just to play had a daughter and I think she is pretty. I posted her picture here:
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,36463.4440.html

Dasi and Caffeinated Joy have helped me greatly in getting her ready to share. I was just about to upload her file when I saw that I needed to put in her thumbnail.

I found a thumbnail of her in "neighborhoods--> N00X--> storytelling" folders but it is so tiny and gets distorted when I try to enlarge it.

Does that make sense?

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 06:06:40 pm »

Do you have any other means of resizing the picture - like GIMP, photoshop, or even the resizing function at Photobucket?

They only mean that you have to add a thumbnail (or possibly the picture itself) by attachment so that the picture will show up in the overview.
I never use the ingame thumbnails for anything. They look bad even with all graphics on high...

My site:

Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 07:07:12 pm »

Oh, fantastic, I had it all along!!!!

Thanks a million, gillion, Raven!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 07:08:02 pm »

No problem  Wink

My site:

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 12:25:47 am »

Just to clarify, if you want the thumbnail show up in the forum view (which is what we mean by image thumbnail in the forums), you have to upload ONE image as an attachment first, before you attach the file containing the sim. Note, please, you can only upload one picture. Any other images you want to share must be shared via photobucket (or whatever third party image hosting you use).

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 10:44:59 am »

Well, guys, I tried twice but failed. I know, I know, it is not rocket science. Bless you all for trying to help.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: