Insimenator.org
March 19, 2024, 06:57:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fired nannies stay fired  (Read 3936 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« on: September 18, 2009, 05:54:41 am »

This is driving me absolutely batty. The nanny, who was fired one generation ago, is still turning up at the house, now attempting to care for the next generation of the family. She is repeatedly fired or having her services ended (depending on whether the member of the household hates her or not it's either "fire" or "end services") but she just keeps coming back the next day. I am working on having the sim who originally hired her fulfil his second LTW but I'm at the point of having to make him retire because this nanny just won't go away. I suspect that she will continue to turn up until 1) Kevin kicks the bucket 2) Kevin retires/quits his job. Because she'll keep turning up as long as he's alive and working! She cared for Kevin's kids, then went all Fatal Attraction and started to pick fights with his wife. So the wife ended her (the nanny's) services. And she's been coming back every day ever since. She is now attempting to care for Kevin's grandkids.

I want her out. I don't want weeping sims because she had a "tragic accident". I don't want to have to edit everyone's memories in SimPE to prevent the weeping. I just want a fired nanny to stay fired, please. And countless others do as well. I know that I'm not the only one plagued by this but I'm perhaps the only idiot unwilling to kill off the nanny just so my sims won't go through weeks of weeping and gnashing of teeth. I have no idea if this hack already exists or not (I have not come across one that targets this and I've been on the look-out for it for a while) but for all that is holy could someone PLEASE fix the coding for ending the services of a nanny?

I have all EPs and SPs.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 03:47:01 pm »

I am not a 100% sure this will help you but it certainly worth a try.

If you are a user of Pescado's FFS lot debugger you will find under the "Nuke" menu an option call "sim schedulers".

You might want to try this option in hope it will solve your problem, here is what Pescado said about it since it is not part of the rtfm:  "That will cancel all visitors about to spawn and any NPCs you've hired. If you wish to fire an NPC you can't get to appear long enough to be fired, nuking all the schedulers will instantly terminate all NPC services."

Of course your problem is not that you cannot fire the nanny but it is that it won't stick but I think it is worth a try since it sounds mostly harmless to use that option and there is a possibility it will solve your problem.  You will have to rehire some NPC for that lot but again I think it is a small price to pay.

Please let me know if it worked since I am curious to know.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 03:52:53 pm by MissDoh » Logged
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 03:52:22 pm »

Yeah, that might be worth looking into and seeing if Pescado's solution will work to nuke the sim schedulers.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 10:35:17 pm »

Nuking sim schedulers using the bat box was the first thing I did. Didin't work. I might try nuking while the nanny is on site, see if that makes a difference. Last time I nuked while she was off-lot and freshly "fired".

I will also check if using Squinge's adult nanny is part of the problem. I used to be able to get rid of nannies after firing them once or twice but this adult nanny is refusing to stay fired.

I'll do my usual test routine and try to account for as many permutations of elder vs adult nanny and nuking while on and off lot and let you guys know what happens.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: