Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 04:59:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help! Tempest Cooktop Stove Crashing Game!  (Read 1878 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
beatnoir

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2009, 01:10:12 pm »

Hey there, I seem to be currently having a problem loading any community lot that has a Tempest Cooktop in it. Everything else in the game works fine. I could also add that I've already used the Clean Installer and I've deleted all of the "bad" files, but I am still having a problem. Any suugestions on what I could do to resolve this matter would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!  Rock
ladymiriam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 06:41:09 pm »

Usually it's a case of taking your Downloads folder out and trying again.  If you get in then the problem is in your Downloads folder.  I suspect you know that though as you've run CI.  Have you tried the Hack Conflict Detection Utility from Sim's Wardrobe?  Find it by going to Sims2>Programmes.  Not all conflicts are a problem but it is a good starting point.  Do you have any hacks related to that stove/restaurants/the NPC chef?  I think that'd be my first thought.  After removing them and trying your game, asssuming it still doesn't work, I'd take out all my hacks and try again.  If that didn't work then the whole Downloads folder would come out and I'd add batches at a time until I found the right batch.  I'd probably start with custom stoves.   How I wish there was a magic wand to find problem files but there's no easy way, except to get into the habit of keeping your cc reasonably well organised so that future rogues are easier to find.

gazania
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 01:46:27 pm »

Yes, sometimes the most innocuous files can be the troublemakers. If I got $10 for every file that crashed my game that caused me to respond, "Oh ... THAT'S the file causing it?", I could buy the Sims 3 AND the new expansion and have money left over!

Hacks and mods ... and modded objects ... are indeed the best place to start. Much of the time, you'll find the problem there. But if those aren't causing problems, you might have to resort to the time-honored and time-consuming method of going through many ... most ... all of your Downloads. Always remember to back up your old folder, though, first, rename it, and put it somewhere else until you're done. And good luck.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: