Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 06:45:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Genie Lamp is crashing my lots.  (Read 2087 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
VampyrMuffinMan

View Profile WWW
« on: September 19, 2009, 03:23:18 am »

Ok, so I've been away from playing Sims for a while due to exploring Windows 7, then a few caps on my motherboard going south, etc...  Installed my game (all EPs no SPs) and all seemed well.  Got a character sent off to university and soon after, she received a genie lamp.  Sweet!  I just moved it out of the way and played on.  Next time I tried to enter the lot, the game crashed.  Didn't connect the two...  After a couple of tries, I moved her and her roommies out and into a new house.  Still no dice on entering the old lot even with the Sims moved out.  Hmm...  Oh well, I only spent about three hours modding that house for them.  Moved them into a simple house since I wasn't sure if the new lot would crash...  It didn't.  Cool!  Few Sim days later, another genie lamp...  It finally clicked that was what crashed the other lot.  Ok...  so, this time, I used the lamp and it went away...  But now I can't enter that lot.  Is there a way to repair these lots (mostly I want that first one fixed)?  So far I've turned off CC and removed my Download folder.  If I were to dig into the lot with SimPE what should I look for?  It's been about a year since I've gotten my hands dirty.

Check out my HubPages for useful computer tutorials.  [link under wolfie]
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 08:29:19 pm »

you are positive you removed all downloaded content? and you have patched your game?
VampyrMuffinMan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 04:16:04 am »

Yep...  I'm going to try again at some point, but since I really only need to salvage that one lot (I moved the second one to the bin and back before I moved my sime in), it can wait.  I'm going to try with a computer restart in the mix to see if that helps.  I can always rebuild the house...just didn't want those hours to be wasted.  Wouldn't make much sense to do something more drastic like reinstall, unless that's necessary.  The problem with the lamps ariving seems to have stopped (not that two verifies I had that problem). 

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 07:04:42 am »

There's no reason not to patch your game if you haven't already.  In fact, most mods are created to work with the patches installed and may not function properly if not patched.

If you haven't already, scan your Downloads with Clean Installer (www.modthesims.info) to see if you have a mod dealing with the lamp or gypsy in your Downloads that you may have forgotten about.  Check in the other folders also, sometimes things get placed where they shouldn't be.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to run Paladin's Hack Conflict Detection Utility (www.simwardrobe.com), too.
VampyrMuffinMan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 12:26:22 pm »

It wouldn't be a bad idea to run Paladin's Hack Conflict Detection Utility (www.simwardrobe.com), too.

Thanks ancient, I couldn't remember the name of that program and hadn't quite gotten around to searching my DVDs full of downloads for it or search the net. 

Turns out I had all three InSim packages extracted for some reason.  Hopefully that will fix the problem with the sim I resurected the other day, and it might be the reason for the genie lamp issue.  No joy with entering the lot, though.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: