Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:18:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: More Magazines  (Read 3282 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Yami Yue
Goddess of Whim

View Profile WWW
« on: September 20, 2009, 12:36:14 pm »

Are there more magazine choices out there for sims to buy?
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 05:39:07 pm »

Most of the magazines I've seen are basically recolors of existing interest- and hobby-based magazines in Sims 2.

Are you looking for certain types of magazines that will improve the Sim's interest, hobby or skill?

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Yami Yue
Goddess of Whim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 05:57:27 pm »

Basically I'm just looking for more magazines for my sims to buy in stores. It would be nice if they could actually buy books from stores but alas I haven't seen that for sims 2 yet.
ladymiriam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 03:23:29 am »

Do you mean FT novels that are sellable?  Rufio (I'm fairly certain Rufio did it) over at MATY (More Awesome than You) has a hack that allows the selling of those novels, have a look in the peasantry.  I think it's bundled up with a pile of hacks of theirs.  If that's not what you meant, you know you can just set a bookcase to be be sold and sims will buy individual books from it. 

Yami Yue
Goddess of Whim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 10:36:41 am »

Would a controllable sim be able to buy it. I want to visit the buisness and buy not own the buisness.
ladymiriam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 01:24:28 pm »

I'm not sure if your playable sim can buy a book on an unowned community lot.  It should be easily enough worked round though I think, you'd just have to set the lot up with an owner-one you don't necessarily intend to play, and set things for sale as you would normally.  Then I think your playable could go there and buy stuff as long as it wasn't a home business.  I think I read that the hack Rufio made allows for restocking too so in theory it should work as well but you'd have to check that out for yourself.  I don't actually have it, I just saw it and thought it was kinda cool.

Yami Yue
Goddess of Whim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 08:33:13 pm »

Thank you. I will try it out.
Yami Yue
Goddess of Whim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 12:20:41 am »

Thank you ladymiriam.  I set up a community business like you suggested and was happy to see that my sim (not the business owner) was able to buy a book. There were only three choices which is good for a start. I noticed that the three novels were like the ones a playable sim writes. If a neighborhood sim writes a book will it show up in the bookstore?
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 03:14:20 am »

I don't think so. Not if the Sim is currently played or an owner of a community lot where he or she can place the books in either a bookshelf or on a table to price for sale.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: