Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:37:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Official E-petition to add more body & face morph sliders to TS3  (Read 13422 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Care

contimplation or constipation?

View Profile WWW
« on: September 21, 2009, 04:19:03 pm »

There is info and video links to youtube about it also. And you can Sign Petition Here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/50930.page

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 05:05:08 am »

Petitioning is useless. The capacity to add sliders exists, and while it is possible to add more, it requires a fairly specific skillset to do. Useless, whiny petitions will not help anyone acquire that skillset.
MisNomer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 12:37:00 pm »

Petitioning is useless. The capacity to add sliders exists, and while it is possible to add more, it requires a fairly specific skillset to do. Useless, whiny petitions will not help anyone acquire that skillset.

I'm confused.  It sounds like you're saying that it requires skills to add sliders.  It sounds like the person above you is promoting a petition for more sliders to be added, presumably by those who have the skills to add them.  Once they are installed, does it requires a special skillset to use them?  How is that petition "whiny"?
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 04:26:43 pm »

Due to the fact that EA Games has never listened to a damn thing that we the customers have ever asked them to do, even when it was backed up with a huge amount of signatures on a petition from issues like paysites to SecuROM. They won't change their minds, they'll keep on doing business as usual and screwing us over to get what they want out of us: OUR MONEY. That would tend to make any petition whiny when it's not been learned that the damn things don't work with these pasture mules. The first time a petition was made to them, a firm voice was used. The second time a petition came along, an angry voice was used. The third time, asking for something to be added, comes across as kind of whiny.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
selenashelper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 06:29:42 pm »

.. I don't see the point in this, if there is (supposedly) a hack out there to do it for you. Why bother EA about it if you can get it done another way?
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 12:55:50 pm »

For some reason, they think the people that came out with the game in the first place can make the sliders more capable of much finer detail and control, when in fact the people that did that bit of coding have most likely moved onto other projects. EA tends to believe in the revolving door policy of game design which involves the people working on a project only for about six months to a year, if that.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 01:06:38 pm »

When did EA ever bother fixing their own games? Even the patches they make are buggy... Any questions? Nah, they won't answer... Your computer blew up because of one of their games? Your responsibility...

Will they make better sliders? Dream on...  Undecided

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 04:13:19 pm »

I saw the videos of the APB preview, which really impressed me.  Those clips showed almost exactly what I expected to see in Sims 3 a couple of years ago concerning customization of facial and body features... perhaps not as realistic, but just as versatile.  That was before my eyes were opened to the reality that EA (who couldn't give a rat's behind what us little people think)=/= Maxis (who had more pride in being actively involved with their fan base), and how not to put my hopes in a corporation who's only focus is to be the #1 gaming superpower in the world, along with sucking their consumer base for all its worth.  Undecided   

As it's been something said over and over many times:  Money talks, but more likely in their case, money screams.  tongue  Once the cash is in EA's hands, nothing else matters, including a small percentage of the customer base's input.  There'd have to be an ultimately huge fuss that would affect sales in order to unclog those deaf ears... therefore, an online petition on its own wouldn't be nearly enough, as they've already ignored plenty of them well before now.  It's the sad truth.   Even then, it's less than likely they'll try and add on more sliders similar to All Points Bulletin in Sims 3.  The better alternative is to hope the franchise makes it to 4 and shout loud for the system to make it into that game, but considering the track record of EA Games, chances are very low.  Sad   

MisNomer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 04:51:16 am »

I agree that in general, EA does not seem responsive or sympathetic to customer complaints or requests, but I do have a couple of instances in my mind where they did at least bend - a little.  Remember when Sims 1 Deluxe was released?  People who already had The Sims and an expansion pack or two were angry that there wasn't a way to get the content included in Deluxe for free.  EA didn't budge on charging for it, but they did offer a rebate or discount for those who already had the game.  The details are a little fuzzy in my mind, but that was the bottom line.  It wasn't what the public wanted but it was something.  Also, I thought they ended up doing something different about the whole secorum (spelling?) thing...  I think EA does not like to respond directly to customer requests - it's almost like the company has a huge ego.  I understand they aren't so great as an employer either, so the behavior is consistent for them.  On the other hand, I think they do take a small amount of consideration from feedback.  I see it as worthwhile to let a company know how their product would better serve you, while keeping in mind that they are unlikely to change anything as long as the money keeps rolling in.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2009, 11:52:28 am »

They didn't do much about SecuROM at all, from what I've heard they used a neutered version on Sims 3 but being as I don't play it and won't, please don't quote me on it. They also haven't done jack squat about those of us that have had their computer systems damaged by the damn thing, so no, they don't really friggin listen to what their customers want at all. Lord, don't get me started on SecuROM... You can better learn the history of it and what happened at such sites like PRISM and Reclaim Your Game, just look on InSIM's home page to find the links. I will warn you that the greed and stupidity shown by the company will sicken you badly.

MisNomer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 02:06:25 pm »

A neutered version of secuRom?  That may have been what they did.  I have Sims 3 and it is not a problem.  It is despicable what happened before, especially with Spore and secuRom.  Of course, as long as the public keeps buying their products - which now include their brand-name store- and as long as there are no lawsuits, they have little motivation to repay anyone for the damage their product caused.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 04:29:10 pm »

Oh, but there are lawsuits, six at the last that I knew of.

MisNomer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2009, 04:06:57 am »

I'm glad to hear that.  Thanks for sharing.
violetlass

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2009, 12:23:23 am »

OMG!! huh That post has been there since 6/30/09 and we are now just hearing about it.

But anyways, after watching that video from APB, I hate EA, I know the Sims is supposed to be RATED EVERYONE, but how can they give so much to that game, and leave us with hardly anything. You must watch the video to see what you are missing, and how much you will want that game more.

Friends help you move; bestfriends help you move bodies!
MisNomer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2009, 05:31:59 am »

Delphy has done it!  Sliders for the breasts at least:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=373389

Can others be far behind?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: