Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:53:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Insimenator Question?  (Read 41860 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
JoviGoo

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2009, 03:30:48 pm »

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I had a question about this Insimenator file. I used to have an XP, but now I have a Vista and I had to install my Sims games again... Which folder would I put the Insimenator file into if I wanted to use it? Or do I have to make one? I've got the Sims 2, and the Sims 2 Nightlife. There's no "Downloads" folder that I can find in either game folder like I had before on my XP... There are also some folders that I don't have now after I downloaded the two games to my Vista, but I did have before when I downloaded the two games to my XP... I don't know why that happened, though...

I downloaded my Sims 2 Nightlife game into the EA Games Folder on my computer. Or should I put it, say, on my desktop? (I know the instructions say to not install the Sims 2 Nightlife in the same location as where I installed the Sims 2...)

So, can anybody please help me with where I should put the Insimenator file if I do decide to use it? I'd really appreciate it, thanks.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 03:38:05 pm »

OK, go into the Sims 2 file that shows up in the section, "My Documents" and open it. You're gonna see a whole lot of folders, like Neighborhood, Music, Movies and so on. Make a new folder and entitle it, "Downloads" and then stick the mod in there, along with any other Sims 2 content that you want to use. Also, start your game and enable it to display custom content. Have fun. Enjoy. Eat right. Brush your teeth. Exercise. Have a nice day. Cheesy

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 03:39:10 pm »

The upset on Vista is slightly different as in the XP version.

Computer --> Local disk (C:)--> users --> [your user name] --> Documents--> EA Games --> TheSims 2 --> Downloads

(make sure it's the same location as the neighbourhood and Savedsims folders)

Putting it in any other folder won't make it show ingame. If the Downloads folder doesn't show, make a new one.

Have fun. Enjoy. Eat right. Brush your teeth. Exercise.
Have fun *check*. Enjoy *check*. Eat right *uhh...no*. Brush your teeth *uhh...have to say no to that one, too*. Exercise *most definitely not*.  Have a nice day *check*. Blink

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
soulofthesea
Composer/Sound Engineer in Training

Axe 'em Jacks!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 03:47:45 pm »

OK, go into the Sims 2 file that shows up in the section, "My Documents" and open it. You're gonna see a whole lot of folders, like Neighborhood, Music, Movies and so on. Make a new folder and entitle it, "Downloads" and then stick the mod in there, along with any other Sims 2 content that you want to use. Also, start your game and enable it to display custom content. Have fun. Enjoy. Eat right. Brush your teeth. Exercise. Have a nice day. Cheesy

nice little tidbit after the instructions, paden. but you seemed to have forgotten a few things: Don't do drugs. Stay in school. Make good choices. Get plenty of sleep. Drink lots of water. Now, have a nice day. Cheesy

What goes on in the Band Room either stays in the Band Room, or goes on Youtube!

I am here
JoviGoo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 04:11:12 pm »

The upset on Vista is slightly different as in the XP version.

Computer --> Local disk (C:)--> users --> [your user name] --> Documents--> EA Games --> TheSims 2 --> Downloads

(make sure it's the same location as the neighbourhood and Savedsims folders)

Putting it in any other folder won't make it show ingame. If the Downloads folder doesn't show, make a new one.

Have fun. Enjoy. Eat right. Brush your teeth. Exercise.
Have fun *check*. Enjoy *check*. Eat right *uhh...no*. Brush your teeth *uhh...have to say no to that one, too*. Exercise *most definitely not*.  Have a nice day *check*. Blink

It seems the version 2.9 of this file won't work with my computer... It is a .rar file; is that right? When I first downloaded it, it wanted to open with iTunes(don't ask me why, lol), though, I changed it to open with the Sims 2 game... Should I change it back to open with iTunes?

And something else though, I had saved the Insimenator file(version 2.4b) I had used before on my XP, which is a PACKAGE file, and this one does work on my Vista now...

Should I just keep using the 2.4b version, or is there a way to make the 2.9 version work with my computer?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 04:15:54 pm »

Download a trial version of winrar, and open it with that.

The .rar file is the archive. The .package file is inside it.

the 2.9 version should be compatible with all EP's and SP's, in any combo (as far as I've undestood). If you have newer EPs or SPs than Free Time (probably even before, I can't remember), you will need the 2.9 version. If you still only have the base game and Nightlife, the 2.4 version will probably still work.

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 04:16:49 pm »

The package file is in the .rar file. You have to extract it. Do you have winrar, or some other extractor that handles .rar files? If so, check to make sure it's set to automatically associate your extractor with rar files.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
JoviGoo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 04:24:52 pm »

The package file is in the .rar file. You have to extract it. Do you have winrar, or some other extractor that handles .rar files? If so, check to make sure it's set to automatically associate your extractor with rar files.

No, I don't have winrar...
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 04:26:24 pm »

Then that's what you're missing. You need winrar (or a file extraction program of your choice) to extract any custom content you download here. In fact I can guarantee it's necessary for pretty much any content you download anywhere.

JoviGoo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2009, 04:26:55 pm »

I do just have the base game and Nightlife, but what are the differences between the 2.4 version and the 2.9? Anything major to be aware of?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2009, 04:29:31 pm »

The newer versions has usually contained bug fixes and upgrading to new Expansion and stuff packs. If the 2.4 version worked for you before, and you have no newer EPs or SPs, it will probably still work.

My site:

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2009, 04:29:53 pm »

2.9 is the most up to date one. Since it's an unsupported mod, we can't really recommend you use either. But as I said in my previous post you will need winrar to download any custom content on any site, as they'll all be in compressed files.

JoviGoo

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2009, 04:49:44 pm »

Does anybody know if WinRAR 3.9 is the lastest version? (it seems like it would be since it was only from last month...) : http://www.rarlab.com/

Does this look like a legit site?

Just information; I'd have to use the 64 bit version...
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 07:22:52 pm »

Yes, that's a legit site.

JoviGoo

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2009, 10:09:22 pm »

Thanks so much for all of your quick replies!!  Grin