Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 04:15:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: No School For Teen Sims  (Read 31454 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Bobcatben

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2006, 05:28:04 pm »

i made this hack after a i upgraded to ofb, which forced me to remove alot of hacks, apparently the sideeffect of one of them was teens didnt goto school, which i liked alot, so i made my own hack that did just that, it should be compatible with all versions upto ofb, i dont have family fun so i cant check the bhav but i doubt its any different, this is the first time ive uploaded a hack/mod so be gentle Tongue

* noschoolforteens.zip (0.4 KB - downloaded 3753 times.)
Fishkid
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 12:10:48 pm »

DUDE! this mod is just what I need, thanks for stopping the boredom that inevitably occurs when all the teens are gone.
MizPyro2U!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 05:27:00 pm »

Thanx alot!!!this should make things atun bettr

:blob6:
I likes fire and explosions make me laugh!!! hahahahaha
Bobcatben

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 08:42:42 am »

good to see someone liked it, lol, after 3 weeks i thought it was a flop, this is the first actual hack i made from scratch so the only one ive uploaded anywhere, ive wanted to make others but im not quite good enough with simpe yet.
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 01:25:59 pm »

Very nice!
ganymede30324

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 05:19:05 pm »

This is great! I have two teens who really have no business attempting to go to college, and school just depresses them. Time to send them to work!

jase439

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 08:15:10 pm »

Since it is likely the question will be asked at some point, this mod should work as intended with InTeen, even though the behavior is reported as conflicting.

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
Jwayliana

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 08:21:07 pm »

Oh good, I was worrying about that. Cheesy In that case... this is an excellent mod! Thanks!

In frustra laborat qui omnia placere studet
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 08:26:24 pm »

Quote from: Jwayliana
Oh good, I was worrying about that. Cheesy In that case... this is an excellent mod! Thanks!

Normally, InTeen cuts teens loose from school at 18, where they become "independent" and can do pretty much everything an adult can (move out, get married, take jobs from the adult career track, etc).  The effect of this mod will just inhibit go-to-school for teens so they never attend school (as designed)...everything else that happens at age 18 with the InTeenimater should occur normally.

Windows 98 should have a care however, because packages are not loaded alphabetically as they are in Windows XP.  The only way these 2 mods will play nicely together is if bobcatben's mod loads after the InTeenimater.  On those computers with FAT32 file systems (namely Windows 98 ), the load ordering of packages within a given folder cannot be guaranteed.  The easiest way to ensure proper loading is to place this mod in a subfolder, so it's guaranteed to load after the InTeenimater (which always belongs in your root Downloads).
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 08:33:01 pm by jase439 » Logged

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
Priestess1974

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2006, 11:51:05 am »

Duuuuude!  So awesome! :thumbsup:

Westley: Hear this now: I will always come for you.
Buttercup: But how can you be sure?
Westley: This is true love - you think this happens every day?
y2krobie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 08:12:31 pm »

Thanks for this!!

Bobcatben

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2006, 08:46:12 am »

infact if you have inteen you dont even need this as they allready dont goto school as teens.
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2006, 09:34:45 am »

Quote from: Bobcatben
infact if you have inteen you dont even need this as they allready dont goto school as teens.

There is a small difference.  With InTeen, they stop going to school at 18, whereas with this mod they stop going to school altogether.

Bobcatben

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2006, 09:57:28 am »

isnt 19 days when they turn adult tho... i did have inteen along time ago but i took it out cause it was so bulky and changed a ton of stuff, and i remember them not going to school ever as a teen with it, thus where i got the idea for this.
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2006, 10:17:08 pm »

The Person Age field in Person Data is not an absolute age.  All teens are "16"...all adults are "19".  The game only uses this field to distinguish one life stage from another.  It doesn't actually hold the sims age.  In fact, it doesn't even reflect the number of "game days" leading up to that life stage (there are 11 days leading up to the teen transition - not 16).  Age Days Remaining / Age Duration / Days in Prev Age, are better measures for absolute age.

The Sims use a measure of 1 sim day = 1 year, so the teen years span from age 12 to 25.  Adulthood stretches from 26 to 54, and elder years from 55 to 69+ (depending on aspiration score).  So 18 falls at a time when the age bar for a teen shows 7 days remaining - or half full.

If your teens never went to school, it was probably a bug :^)  But now you've made it a feature *lol*

J
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 10:24:57 pm by jase439 » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: