Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:31:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: group/couple townies  (Read 6276 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Revs

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2009, 06:19:48 am »

Hi Squinge,  

Is it possible for a mod to make npc groups/couples visit community lot restaurants rather than just single sims? Would make it a bit more interesting and realistic not to mention that my sim owner would make a bit more money too! Grin

I guess nightlife/ofb would be required for this mod to work properly.

Cheers   Wink
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 02:46:40 am by Revs » Logged
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 04:26:36 pm »

Actually, Nightlife is required for group outings. If you don't have NL, then you will not get the features available to create and manage groups and to ask Sims out on an outing.

There is no need for a mod to be made for that if you have NL.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
aubreylaraine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 06:39:42 pm »

did you mean that you wanted unplayable groups to visit the lot while your sim or sim group are already visiting, instead of single sims visiting the lot while you are already there. right?
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 08:07:23 pm »

You can already create groups and manage them on either residential and/or community lots. Manage them as in having the options to call them over to one meeting point for example, having them join you in group activities and so forth.

As for managing groups of Sims in a similar scenario, you can make them selectable by shift+clicking each Sim in the group and making them selectable for the duration of time on the lot until you're done with the group. Then shift+click each Sim again and de-select them so they will disappear from the skewer (or roster).

Before you can shift+click the Sim, you can use a combination of keys: Shift+Ctrl+C to bring up the cheat window and then type:

boolprop testingcheatsenabled true

Then press Enter to enable the cheat.

This is only if you have NL for the group features.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Revs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 06:27:21 am »

Hey, thanks for the replies

Aubreylaraine probably sort of explained it better than i did!

I meant groups/couples of townies (not npc's, my mistake!) visiting restaurants as unplayable characters (customers) to be seated, served etc rather than just single sims as it is just now with no intervention from me setting them up together as a group. (Since i don't control the behaviour of townies)  I don't see how it would be benificial for other lots rather than restaurants to have groups, unless you were controlling the group yourself.

I don't know if that makes any more sense than what i said before but i'll play out a little scenario here, maybe that will help! lol

My sim runs a restaurant, the only customers i ever get are single sim townies, they come in, browse the menu, buy, eat, then leave, what i was suggesting is that maybe a couple of townies come in together, as a group, one maybe browses the menu, if successful then when they are seated, they are seated together as a group at the same table rather than individually.

I know absolutely zero about mods/hacks etc but i was thinking something along the lines of a global mod or maybe even a hacked object on the lot than grabs say for example 3 townies and puts them together as a group.

I know how to make groups with playable sims thats why i was thinking it could be interesting for townies to also have groups rather than them just all wandering around on their own!

Am i making sense yet...?  Undecided   Cheesy

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 06:00:28 pm »

Okay, that is a better explanation. Just one more question to see if maybe you were using a mod that might prevent Sims from coming in together to eat. Pescado made a few that prevented Sims from eating together on a date.

Dancing Squirrels
Revs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 02:46:03 am »

Yeah sorry i didnt explain myself very well first time round! i was actually on the bus posting via my phone so it was a bit rushed!  rolleyes

Anyway i'll leave it up to you guys to see if its possible..

Thanks.  Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: