Insimenator.org
March 19, 2024, 05:41:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: auto newspaper actions  (Read 11991 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
aubreylaraine

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2009, 06:46:10 pm »

sims read the paper on their own, could this be extended to the crossword and weather section also?
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 08:02:23 pm »

Please follow the Mod Request rules the next time you make a request. You need to list any and all EPs/SPs you have so we will know what game engine to use to extract stuff from.

Thanks.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
aubreylaraine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 07:16:02 pm »

Embarrassed duh, me. a complete set; all ep and xp's.

i would also like to ask if doing the crossword action could be lenghtened. sometimes it takes me all week to finish mondays paper but sims seem to be super intelligent. or maybe their crossword is really easy.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 08:09:10 pm »

Sorry for the slow response. I will take a look at it tomorrow (Saturday). Check back for further updates to see the progress on this.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
aubreylaraine

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 11:25:22 pm »

i'm in no position to rush anyone. thank you for taking the time to even look into it.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 03:22:33 pm »

One question:

Did you want the Read Section: (hobby) interaction included? Or have that interaction as autonomous?

This just occurred to me when I was thinking about what interactions on the newspapers were while I was preparing to do a newspaper-based mod.

Dancing Squirrels
aubreylaraine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 11:03:32 pm »

are they not already? i was thinking they were. if it's not extra trouble, then yes please.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 02:00:34 am »

Okay, then I will see what I can come up with soon. Just didn't occur to me if you wanted the FT newspaper functions to be autonomous, but I will offer a base game version for others who want it but don't have FT installed.

*Edited*

An experimental mod is in testing:

The interactions will be autonomous based on the motives and personality (maybe - looking into it). For example, the Sim (playable or visitor) will be drawn to the newspaper if their Fun motive is at a certain point that they need to gain Fun from reading the newspaper, reading about the weather or reading about their hobby.

The only interaction that won't be visitor-enabled is Do Crossword unless I find a way to make it available at all times.

If you have any question, feel free to ask.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 05:12:58 pm by Chaavik » Logged

Dancing Squirrels
aubreylaraine

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 09:04:23 pm »

sounds wonderful. i love the mods that take into account personality. thank you.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2009, 10:40:31 pm »

The new mod is doing progressively well except for one hitch that surprised me:

During the testing, I had my Sim read the newspaper autonomously when her Fun motive was at 50%. While she was reading the newspaper, a visitor showed up on the lot and plotted to steal something from the lot. The visitor stole the newspaper from my Sim's hands and ran off the lot with the newspaper.

So, I am tuning the mod to find the right balance so the Sim can enjoy the newspaper without worrying about having it taken straight out of her hands.  Grin

Should expect to have a final version ready tomorrow at least when I am absolutely sure nothing is overlooked.

Dancing Squirrels
aubreylaraine

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 07:04:39 pm »

Giggle thats funny.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 12:35:48 pm »

It was funny.  Grin

I am looking into getting the Sim to read the newspaper autonomously after the first time because then the Sims didn't want to read the newspaper to gain fun when their Fun motives drop down to a point to be satisfied.

So far, the test Sim was able to sit down and do the crossword puzzle long enough to gain a skill point and a half while at the same time gaining fun from doing it.

The weather interaction was too short to gain any fun from it or appealing enough to Sims, but I am working on that to get it interesting enough to know what the weather is going to be like.

Dancing Squirrels
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 12:56:34 pm »

LOL, Chaavik. Your post about the newspaper theft make me snort hot coffee out my nose.

Not the sensation I was looking for. Wink

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
aubreylaraine

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2009, 08:46:46 pm »

the crossword was what i really wanted anyway so i'm beyond thrilled. *dances around the dinner table*

and a kleenex for joy.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2009, 03:10:32 am »

If it is only the crossword puzzle you want plus a boost to the Fun motive while reading the newspaper and doing the crossword puzzle, then I don't have a problem putting this mod out. The interactions seemed to be autonomous enough except for Do Crossword Puzzle which visitors by default can't do. You wouldn't want the visitors to steal your Sim's chance to work on a puzzle.  Grin

The crossword puzzle has been lengthened to allow the Sim to gain at least a skill point and a half (roughly 2 to 3 hours during non-Fall seasons or slightly longer for the Sim to have a chance to gain a skill point).

Let me know if this is just what you want, and I will put it out later today once I do a brief RFTM and package the mod.

Joy: Sorry! I'll get you a fresh pot of coffee soon!!  Grin

Dancing Squirrels
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: