Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 11:40:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lot placement issues and Conflicting files...I think....  (Read 2276 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ghostwrytr

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2009, 07:20:22 pm »

Hi All,

There are a few lots on here and MTS2 that I have completely fallen in love with and would love to play... For the most part its been a small annoying matter of all the 'rocks' by Marvine showing up as urns.  Annoying...yes but I can live with it.  I can't seem to figure out which two things are not getting along.

I would list my CC...but it would be ridiculously long and chaotic. 

The more annoying problem is that some lots just won't place ANYWHERE....lol.  Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

I have all EPs and SPs as well as CC from everywhere.
gazania
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 08:53:41 pm »

The rock/urn-type problem often occurs for me when I'm missing a mesh. What mesh is missing is a good question! I don't suppose that by some wonderful coincidence, others are having the same problem?

What do you mean by not being able to place the lots? Do they crash? Perhaps the contributor used some sort of cheat? Can't help you that much there.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 09:05:01 pm »

The rocks turning into urns is most likely a matter of a missing mesh or two. Your best bet would be to go to the original download thread for the rocks and grab all the meshes, then use the Clean Installer to check your Downloads make sure you don't have any duplicates afterward.

Are the lots that are failing to place beach lots? This is a known problem and it is caused by beach lots having to be placed on ground that is the same gradient as the ground they were originally built on. Placing beach lots is very hit and miss because of this.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
ghostwrytr

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 12:35:39 am »

Missing meshes...huh...I'll have too look into that.  Thanks for the tip.  And yes...tis the cursed beach lots that give me grief.  Thank you both so much.  I'll go look into the mesh thing and get back with my results.

Results of test:

I went back...re-downloaded the lot.  Re-installed the lot using Clean Installer(there is no other way in my opinion).  Went and downloaded all the CC(even if it was included with the lot).  Deleted the .cache files. 

Still no joy.  This is what it looks like. 

http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx323/ghostwrytr/Screenshot.jpg 
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 07:41:51 pm by ghostwrytr » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 10:45:39 pm »

Sometimes you have to put in the downloads before you install the lot - otherwise it won't work.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
ghostwrytr

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 02:35:26 am »

Okay...I'll try that this time.

*runs off to try next suggestion*
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: