Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 06:11:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Download folder help needed (If possible)  (Read 2802 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« on: October 07, 2009, 10:55:41 am »

Ok, my question is pretty simple. Is there a way you can make it so that the CC in your Download folder appear in chronological order? Like say if you wanted your most recently downloaded CC to appear 1st, all the way back to your 1st bit of CC downloaded. I already have Delphy's DL organizer, but that just sorts out the mess your DL folder might be in. Mines is organized by month, I'm just wondering is their a trick or program out there that enables everything to appear in that order. Thanks in advance to any and all responses.

zammy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 02:38:16 pm »

In your downloads folder, if you go to view>choose details, you can decide what you want everything organized by. I believe you want 'date modified'. I'm not a computer expert in the least, however, so I don't know how well this'll work for you. And make sure you have 'view>details' on so you can view the date that each was modified

My Sims (2) Blog: The Sims in Wonderland
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 08:38:25 pm »

No, no, no...that's not what it is. I already know about organizing folders. I do that with all of my program, image and music folders and files. What I meant was is there a way so that what you've downloaded as far as TS2 CC appears in your game in the order. As in the actual bins where you choose the items either in Bodyshop or CAS.

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 08:59:50 pm »

If this could be done I would worship the ground of the person who made it possible. The way the game organizes some things is a huge pain in the backside. I find it especially with walls I'll download in a set (like graffiti covered bricks). Ideally, I'd like to find them all together, but I usually have to scour through the whole collection of brick walls to find them. Panel four will be on page one, but the rest of the panels in the set will be scattered randomly through the brick walls without any sense of rhyme or reason.

*Gets frustrated just thinking of it and shakes fist*

I get the game organizes things by price, but it would be great if you could choose to organize by price and then most recently added to game, if that makes sense.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 10:11:19 pm »

No no, it makes perfect sense, Joy. I downloaded a bunch of new stuff that I literally spent 45 minutes sorting through bodyshop to find. Pain in the rear isn't even a good enough term to describe it. I've looked on other sites for such a miracle application that does the job...to no avail. *Sigh* I'll keep searching, but again, if someone finds something, links would be greatly appreciated. If I locate something, I'll post a link as well.

rwills

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 11:41:51 pm »

What you're after already comes with the game. It just takes some one-time organizing to make your own in-game collections.

Organize your stuff as you prefer into collections folders inside the catalog. Then you won't have to go through all the walls in the catalog but just go directly to the collection folder you made with only the graffiti walls in it (for example), and so on.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 12:02:34 am »

All that will do is minimize the sorting for some build mod items any time and Bodyshop items just during CAS.  Bodyshop collections are useless during the game play unless you know of some mod that enables them.

I don't know if CC is displayed alphabetically, chronologically based on creation date, chronologically based on download date, or if it's completely random from one gaming session to another.  I'd have to think CC follows the same rules as mods do, which means subfolders are alphabetically loaded before folders, with are alphabetically loaded.  This could be tested by naming some of the CC so it doesn't start off with that hexadecimal portion of the file name.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 10:31:40 pm »

I've noticed that clothing and other bodyshop stuff I've got in the savedsims folder (at least the ones I've made myself) usually sorts after (creation) date in CAS and Bodyshop, with the most recent first. The items in the savedsims folder usually comes first on the CAS catalogue. Other stuff, also from Downloads, is usually quite random (sometimes newly created stuff ends up far to the back). I've never really checked if they're sorted alphabetically, though.

I've only recently started using the collection folders, and find them very useful (since I've got over 14GB of downloads shocked, and often play with themed sets) - even the CAS folders are somewhat useful (though I wish they existed in the buy window and the "change clothes" window...). Messing around in the collection folders often made the game crash on my old laptop, so I didn't use them much before.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 10:41:40 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: