Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 08:38:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 3 Installation Help  (Read 1935 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
rockChick

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2009, 03:12:26 pm »

I just bought the Sims 3 today and I tried to install it. but my computer isn't letting me. I have all the Sims 2 expansion packs except for AL and Mansion and Garden Stuff. And I have a lot of Sims 2 CC installed. I was wondering if removing the Sims 2 and all my CC would free up some space for The Sims 3. But my computer is a Dell Dimension 2400. I have 1150 MB of Ram and 535 MB is taken up and there is 704 MB still usable. I need help because I payed good money for this game and if it doesn't work, I'm going to tear my hair out. CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 03:48:56 pm by rockChick » Logged
Scorpio

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 03:23:13 pm »

What does your computer say when you try to install it? Does it tell you you don't have enough memory?

I\\\\\\\'m a bit....Spicy<br />Seriously:evil4:
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 03:37:23 pm »

just so you know - RAM is the memory on the computer, and usually comes as 512MB, 1GB, 2GB or 4GB (at least on pre-built computers). Looks like you've got 2GB. Vista uses around 1GB of ram (XP around 512 MB, I think) to run, and the game uses pretty much the rest, especially with loads of CC.

As far as I know, Sims 3 needs somewhere around 1-2 GB of memory to run, and preferrably more to run smoothly (which means that you'll need at least 2-3 GB of RAM to run Sims 3 if you have Windows Vista).
As long as you're not intending to run both games at once, I don't think there should be a problem having both games installed. The RAM only has to do with the programmes that are running there and then, not the other programmes.

I think you're confusing RAM with harddrive space. They're two different things. The harddrive space is how much space there is left on your computer. You should check how much space there is left. If you're running vista, just go to "computer", and check what it says right under the "local disk (C:)" - or right click and choose "properties".

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: