Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 09:04:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: When we were almost perfect. (chapter two!)  (Read 7744 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
hannahh

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2009, 02:10:25 pm »

I just finished dinner and was about to go say goodnight to Andrew. "Andrew! I'm going to bed!" I called out.
I turned around the corner and saw him in the foyer. He looked really ticked off. "Hey, I'm going to bed," I said.
He gritted his teeth and mumbled, "I don't care, just go away." I glared at him, but then was taken back. I wonder what's wrong..
Andrew frowned and scratched his head. "Sorry, I'm just really pis- I mean ticked off.." He said quietly. I looked confused. "Mom and Dad are.. fighting.."
Mom and Dad? Fighting? No way. They are like totally in love and they like love everything about each other!! I thought.
Andrew and I peeked around the corner just in time to see this;
Andrew screamed with anger and ran to the sun room towards the back of the house. I followed. The sun room was Andrew's favorite room.
He loved to just sit back and let the sun shine down on his face through the seamless windows.
I sat down and looked out the window. He began to cry. I've never seen or heard Andrew cry before. I didn't like hearing him crying. I couldn't see him because my back was towards him.
"Everything will be fine.. they love each other.. and us. They won't break up or anything.." I said quietly. Andrew wiped away his tears and nudged me with his foot. He wanted me to stand up. I stood and when I did he wrapped his arms around me. We hugged a lot but this time seemed different. I don't know this huge just actually seemed for a reason and not just because we didn't want each other to feel bad or mom made us.
"I love you, Jayden. You're the best little brother I could ever ask for,"Andrew said timidly. Then he ruffled my hair. I didn't really know what to say. Andrew knew I wasn't a crier. I never cried. I didn't cry when he made fun of me, or when I fell off the monkey bars or when I forget to plug my nose jumping in the pool and then water shoot up my nose. I was too strong to cry. Then after a couple more minutes of silence we heard crying. Then yelling and then the front door slamming. Andrew put his back to the wall and then slowly slid down. Then the door flung open and he went flying in the air. It was mom. Her eyes were red and glassy. Andrew started bawling again, but she comforted him.
She gave him a kiss and then he was out of the room as quick as possible. I could hear his footstep running up then stairs and then slamming his bedroom door.
I sighed and sat down. "Mom..." She looked at me and sat down by my side. "Yes, pumpkin." I rubbed my eyes and said "What happened?" She kissed my head and pulled me up off the floor. She hugged me tight and whispered, "Nothing important."
I sighed and said good night. I sat in my bed reading.
Andrew on the other had was on his bed thinking about what had just happened. I could hear little sniffles coming from his bedroom. My eyes started watering but I wiped away the tears. I got up and changed into my pjs. Then I climbed back in bed. I layed under my covers thinking about my beautiful mom and brother. Then my dad came in mind. I shook away the thoughts of him and fell asleep.
Just a couple moments after Andrew also changed and fell asleep. He dreamed about when I was just a toddler and when he was only nine. When nothing ever bad happened. When we were like those families on those old sitcoms. When we were almost perfect.
When this day never, ever happened..... yet.

I know I suck at writing! xD I just started, cut me some slack? haha
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 04:06:26 pm by Hannahhhhh » Logged
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 02:18:04 pm »

Aww come on. You don't suck at writing. I thought it was awesome!
I got one question though. How does Jayden know what Andrew's dreaming about?  tongue
*waits for chapter 2*  Grin

I need more freetime.
hannahh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 02:20:43 pm »

Haha thanksss!!! Grin
To be honest, I have no idea. tongue Haha they are just really close. *looks at relationship status* It says they're "BFF's" so they can like read each others minds. And plus I just put that in there so people would just know what he's thinking about too. (;
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 02:29:01 pm »

You are amazing! I love this!!!!  Cheesy

I'm truly hooked.

Poor kids...

Find me on moonlight <3
hannahh

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 02:34:38 pm »

Hehe thank you!

Blah I know I felt terrible doing this just for entertainment. -_-
but I wanted to start up at story! ahaha
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 03:51:12 pm »

Chapter two time?

Find me on moonlight <3
hannahh

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 04:06:05 pm »

"I had a weird dream last night.." Andrew mumbled. It was six in the morning. Me and Andrew always woke up so much earlier than Mom. He usually made us cereal but today we ate the left over pancakes.
I shoved a huge bite of pancakey goodness in my mouth and swallowed. "How so?" Andrew looked up from his plate and began "Well I was just like dreaming about when you were a toddler and when all we did was just have a good time. When dad would always help me with my homework. When he went to the park all the time. When we were always smiling. When you were only 3.." I'm eight now. Wow that was a long time ago. "But even when we were the same age we were now, only three days ago, we were so happy.." I said trailing off. "I know, but.." Andrew had became very interested in his feet at this moment. "Nevermind," He said and threw his plate into the dishwasher.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We got home from school around 2:30. We came home to mom sitting on the couch wiping away tears. She faked a smile. "W-want me to help you with your homework, Jayden?" She asked trying to sound cheerful. I smiled hugely at her, trying to make her feel better. "Sure," I said over happily. Andrew had already ran up to his room to do his homework.
"Stupid math homework. Stupid spelling homework. Stupid homework." Andrew said angerly. Every little thing made him made lately.
I went up to my room with mom. She stood next  my table giving me hints on which answer I should write. Mom knew I didn't get the best grades. She wouldn't get mad at me, she actually understood that my ADD kept me from learning that much in class. I'm not saying I'm dumb, it's just hard for me sometimes. I stood up from my chair, I felt so overwhelmed. I felt a rush of sadness. I felt so dumb. Andrew always got straight A's, no matter what! Ugh things like this make me wanna cry and scream. In fact that's exactly what I did. Sorry! I just don't have much self control. I'm only eight!!!
Mom rubbed my back and gave me a hug. "C'mon, honey, it's not that hard." She said comfortingly. I wiped my eyes and sat back down.
With mom helping me I finished my homework in only an hour and a half. That's really fast for me! "See! You finished your homework in half the normal time!" She said ruffling my hair. I smiled at her. She loved me and Andrew so much. She did everything for us. When Andrew complained about not having a brand new basketball every week, she went and bought him a brand new basketball, every week. When I complained about my peas and mashed potatoes touching, she got me those little plates with dividers. I was still smiling at my mom when I heard Andrew laughing and a voice that sounded a lot like Dad's. I looked out the window. "Dad?" I said, confused. Mom frowned. "James," She growled.
----------------------------------------------------
"It's only been a couple of days and I miss you so much!" Andrew said hugging him.
"I miss you too, sport." James said. Andrew smiled brightly at his father. The man he loved so much was such a monster. Andrew always thought we were the perfect family. Boy was he wrong. He didn't hear the things his father called his mom when him and me fell asleep. He did see the bruises or hear the breaking dishes. He didn't know nothing. I didn't either. No one did. Not anyone. Well except for Mom. She knew everything.
"I was thinking about taking you and Jayden out Florida to go to Disney World and see your grandparents!" James said very excitedly. "Disney World!? Seriously?! But wait.. what about mom...?" Andrew replied. Dad shrugged and touched Andrew's shoulder. "What about her?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I TOLD YOU TO NEVER COME BACK HERE AGAIN!" Jess screamed at her ex-husband. She lifted her hand and slapped him hard in the face.
James grabbed his right cheek, it was bright red and throbbing. He cursed loudly right in her face and then slapped her back.
And then, it was basically a blood bath..
Andrew screamed and cursed. The neighbors began to look out their windows. Their faces shocked. I was sitting under my window. Head in my hands. I couldn't believe it.
He screamed and kicked. I looked out my window and heard a loud crash. He had kicked over the trash can.
Andrew's face turned from anger to sadness. Tears streaming down his face. He wiped them away with his sleeve and ran in the house and then up to his room. I stood up and walked down the hall into his bedroom. He was standing by his window, looking like he just might pull his hair out or break the window. I started to talk.
"Just don't think about Dad. He's not worth it. Sure, he was always nice to us and mom... when we were around. But we just need to forget about it." I touched his shoulder and then pulled him into a hug.
"I guess.." He mumbled. I tried to smile at him. "How about you call Tess? She'd love to come over and hang out!" I said cheerfully. I knew he liked Tess. He said they were just friends but when I spied on th- I mean when I just happened to be peeking through the doorway into his room, they would be holding hands or she would be all giggly when Andrew said something not even funny. Then he looked sad. He scratched his head. "I would call her right this second.. but she's on vacation. She went to Big Bear for 3 weeks.." He replied glumly. I frowned. "I'm sorry.." He faked a smile. "It's alright, good night," He said and ruffled my hair. I smiled at him and shuffled off to my room.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next morning I had to go to tutoring really early in the morning. Mom just dropped me off because she had to get Andrew to his football game. "Hey mom, before we go I was just wondering-" Andrew began but Mom cut him off. "ANDREW! Why aren't you in your uniform!?" She asked very naggingly.
"Mom we change in the bathrooms, remember? Anyways, I was just wondering... why were you and Dad fighting anyways...?" He asked rubbing his arm. She sighed and touched my cheek. "Honey, please. It's not important.." She replied. I frowned.
"No, Mom, it IS important." He said very loudly. She sighed once more. "Let's just say he said something I didn't like.. about Jayden's... problems.." She answered looking away. Andrew looked confused. "P-problems? Jayden doesn't have any "problems!" He's perfectly normal and... and.. he's... really smart and.." Andrew said looking around. Mom put her hand on his shoulder. "Sweetheart, not now. I just haven't told you. I haven't even told Jayden, himself. Come on, let's just go to your game." Andrew looked at her. Hatred in his eyes. "I don't wanna go. I want Dad, I want Tess, I want Jayden. I don't want you. I don't wanna go to practice. I HATE YOU!" Andrew screeched. He shoved her away and ran up the stairs and slammed his door.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 04:44:00 pm »

You don't suck at writing at all! In fact, you write a lot better than many others Smiley

A few useful tips:

* Try to avoid shots seen from above (unless they fit the story, of course). Try to go down on eye level with the characters. It lets the reader/viewer get more in touch with the character. It's just not that interesting to see too many pictures of the back or top of a head, and not the face. After all, it's the faces and reactions that really counts.
* Turn off the plumbbob and the speech bubbles with showheadlines off and plumbbobtoggle
* also try to part up the text, starting new lines when the other person is talking:

"I was thinking about taking you and Jayden out Florida to go to Disney World and see your grandparents!" James said very excitedly. "Disney World!? Seriously?! But wait.. what about mom...?" Andrew replied. Dad shrugged and touched Andrew's shoulder. "What about her?"
compared to this:
"I was thinking about taking you and Jayden out Florida to go to Disney World and see your grandparents!" James said very excitedly.
"Disney World!? Seriously?! But wait.. what about mom...?" Andrew replied.
Dad shrugged and touched Andrew's shoulder. "What about her?"

Then it is so much easier to read, and to know who is talking. Text without breaks, especially when centered, isn't very easy to read...  Undecided

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
hannahh

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 04:47:48 pm »

Thank you!

Thanks for the tips! I have a hard time with those!

And thanks SO much for the cheats! I didn't have those and it really bugged me how I couldn't get rid of them!

I also messed up when typing it. As you can see most text is centered when they aren't suppose to be!
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 05:21:17 pm »

Yay! New chapter!  Grin
Oh, by the way, if stuff gets accidentally centered and others not, you can use Ctrl+A to select everything, and the align to right button.

I need more freetime.
hannahh

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 05:22:20 pm »

Grin

oh, does that work on here too or only on Microsoft word?
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2009, 05:24:20 pm »

It should. It does! Works on both, I just tested.
*now waiting for chapter three*  Grin

I need more freetime.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2009, 05:25:52 pm »

Amazing! And hopefull Tess will be off her vacation soon....

*stares at the email I sent Josh LAST MONTH* stupid 8 year old...

Yee! I knew you'd have Tess somewhere, but I read it and was like AWWWWWW! Cheesy

Find me on moonlight <3
hannahh

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2009, 05:27:11 pm »

Ok yay! Thanks for the tip!

oh and if anyone's wondering Jayden's "problems" will be announced in a later chapter. (;

Amazing! And hopefull Tess will be off her vacation soon....

*stares at the email I sent Josh LAST MONTH* stupid 8 year old...

Yee! I knew you'd have Tess somewhere, but I read it and was like AWWWWWW! Cheesy
glad you liked it! Hopefully! :DD

haha he's only eight! cut the little dude some slack! (;

I just HAD to put her in! Grin
hannahh

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2009, 04:46:45 pm »

Chapter 3.

Andrew and I wanted to have a little camp out thing in our treehouse. Dad had built it for us just the day before the divorce.
We never really played in it much until today. "Andrew, can I ask you something?" I asked in a sort of whimper.
"Yeah what is it?"
I looked around and scratched my head. "Uh, does everyone like you at school? Like are you popular?" I asked. Andrew shrugged and wiped his nose.
"I dunno. Why would it matter?" I frowned and shrugged. He put his hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry about being 'cool'. It's not a big deal," He said and smiled. I half smiled at him.

I heard someone climbing up the ladder. It was mom. Andrew looked up at her.
"Boys, put on some warmer pajamas or you'll catch a cold."
"Ugh okay fine mom.." I mumbled we quickly ran inside and were back out in a flash. We told each other jokes and Andrew told me about how "hot" his teacher, Mrs. Ashbury, was. I would as laugh at him when we talked about girls and stuff. It was weird. I rather talk about fart jokes or something. I still think girls are.. icky. Except for my mom. I love my mom. Slowly Andrew dozed off.
A couple minutes later my eyes became heavy, so I closed my eyes.
Mom always said I slept in the weirdest positions.
Only after what it seemed to be ten minutes I felt someone shaking me. I opened my eyes and stood up.
It was Andrew. He held out his hands and a couple of little snowflakes dropped onto his palms.
"It's snowing..." He muttered. Then I felt a clod rush down my spine. I shivered.
"I think we should go inside. I don't really feel like catching a cold and missing my football game tomorrow."
I shrugged and said okay. When I opened my bedroom door I saw my mom. She was sitting down at my desk. Her head in her her hands.
"I think you should sit down.." She said timidly wiping her eyes. I did as I was told and sat down.
"Remember last week when I took you to the doctor? When you complained about sometimes loosing feeling in your legs?"
I looked at her, fear in my eyes. My heart was pounding. I nodded and she continued, "Well he just got test results, and I'm not.." Her voice trailed off. There was a big lump in my throat. I sat, swiveling my thumbs.
"Sweetheart.." She said wiping her eyes. I stood up but then my legs just gave out. I fell because my knees were shaking. My knees always shook when I was scared, and well I didn't have enough strength to stand. I just moved over on my side. My sat down next to me.
"I've already got the wheelchair in the garage. It's a powered one so you don't have to use much strength, honey."
I lost all the feelings in my legs again. My eyes were full of tears. I squeezed them closed trying to force them from coming out.
I heard sniffles coming from my mom. I punched the ground with my fist. No, not me. It can't be me.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: