Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 07:25:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Red Flashing Walls *SOLVED*  (Read 1647 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
madkitty
Total Noob

Somewhat on Hiatus

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2009, 02:42:56 pm »

I have the Sims 2 Double Deluxe, (includes Nightlife and Celebration Stuff) and ever since I installed it on my computer, (an HP pavillion a420n, which is old, not sure how old) the walls in every lot, (including the walls in create a sim) the memories that flash above sim's heads, pool walls, water, (includes ALL water, even water from sinks and hot tubs) flash 2 or 3 shades of red. The rest of the game runs normally. Keep in mind that this has happened since the moment I installed the game, before any CC. Does anyone know of a fix for this?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 07:03:01 pm by madkitty » Logged

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 02:47:29 pm »

Probably your graphic drivers that needs updating. I think red flashing stuff is an indication on that.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 03:03:45 pm »

Yep, with flashing, colour is the key. Blue flashing is a mesh issue, and red flashing is a graphic issue. It could mean you need to update your drivers or that your video card can't support the graphic demands of the game. What are your system specs (including your OS)? That's a good place to start.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
madkitty
Total Noob

Somewhat on Hiatus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 07:02:35 pm »

Just as I feared. I must buy a new graphics card. Mine is from like 2001, back in the Sims 1 time  tongue Thank you so much guys. I'll have my computer geek uncle install it for me.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: