Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 01:45:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How To Use Sims 3 Mods  (Read 75420 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2009, 02:46:04 pm »

How To Use Sims 3 Mods

Have you wondered how to use new mods with Sims 3, but you have no idea what to do? This short guide will help you get started!

You will need the following to install in order for the mods to work with Sims 3 and to force Sims 3 to read the mods:

Pescado's Framework mod

Q: Okay, what is the framework mod?

The framework mod, in a nutshell, is a file to force Sims 3 to read the mods created by other people for Sims 3. Without the framework mod installed, Sims 3 will not read and use the mods to override certain behaviors or game play features in the game.

The full description of the framework mod is available for those of you to understand more in detail what it does. Read the description and installation instructions if you like to install the framework mod manually.

Q: How do I install the framework mod the easy way? I don't want to do it manually!

Okay, no problem! Delphy graciously designed a nifty program and made it available at MTS for those of you who like installing things the easy way.

Check out TS3 Install Helper Monkey For Dummies. Read the description and installation instructions carefully before you download and use it.

Q: Help! I can't get Delphy's TS3 Install Helper Monkey to work!

All questions, issues, complaints and gripes should be addressed in the thread for TS3 Install Helper Monkey at MTS and not here. We don't provide tech support for you to get the program to work for you.

Q: Where can I go for help with the framework mod?

Again, you should post your questions, issues, complaints and/or gripes in the thread from where you got the framework mod. We don't provide tech support for you to get the framework mod to work with Sims 3.

Q: Where are the exact location(s) for the mods to be installed?

The most common location to install Sims 3 mods is:

For XP:

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages

Vista is quite similar. Navigate to \Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages and put the mods into that folder.

For Mac:

/Applications/The Sims 3/The Sims 3.app/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/Mods/Packages

**Credit goes to Will for providing info about Macs**

Do NOT install the mods in this location:

C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserAccount\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads

Why? Because the Downloads folder isn't the same as the Downloads folder in Sims 2. If the mods are placed there, Sims 3 will ignore those mods. The Sims 3 Downloads folder is used by the EA Electronic Store to download the objects from the store and store them in that folder. The objects from that folder show up in the Installer manager when you install new stuff upon launching the game.

Some creators will include their own installation instructions for certain Sims 3 mods or files to be placed in as some files aren't "mods" in the sense that they modify a Sim or an object behavior but those files modify the Sims 3 core game files as in how the game runs.

Contact me if you want to add further information to help others understand how to use Sims 3 mods correctly.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 04:24:30 pm by Chaavik » Logged

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: