Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 04:04:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: sims 2 pack clean installer  (Read 3162 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
moo-moo

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2009, 09:55:39 am »

i have installed the clean installer to my computer but i had my computer repaired and so when i try to reinstall it i get a message telling me that i must uninstall the old version first.
although it used to do it automatically before i had the repairs it now refuses to uninstall the old version meaning i can't install it again.
please help.
if anyone knows why its doing this or if there is a program similar to the clean installer that i can use instead please let me know.
thank you in advance
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 10:07:58 am »

You could try uninstalling manually. Go to the control panel, choose "uninstall program", and choose the clean installer from the list.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 12:15:11 pm »

You could also go into the program files and remove the old folder from said program and delete it. Then try to reinstall. It's done that to me before and that always did the trick.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 01:17:53 pm »

It sounds like the problem is the Clean Installer folders were just deleted rather than properly uninstalled.  Clean Installer does make entries in the Registry and remain there if the program is deleted.  Using the Add/Remove feature in the Control Panel, or the Uninstall program that accompanies many programs will clean up the Registry.

Do a Google search for "Registry Cleaner".  You'll have pages of options, many free, many shareware, many pay.  Get one and run it.  You should then be able to install Clean Installer again.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 04:48:24 pm »

Ccleaner comes to mind for that little operation. It's free and quite efficient.

moo-moo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 08:28:03 am »

thank you everyone i will try ccleaner as i do not have internet access at home so i would not be able to perform a registry cleaner
my computer is a bit of a heap so it breaks down quite often lol  which is how the installer dissappeared in the first place
thank you all again
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 12:56:58 pm »

You can download CCleaner onto a memory stick or rewritable CD and transport it home that way, it's how I got many a little program before we got internet access here. In fact, that's how I collected much of my custom content for the game. My sister would let me access sites to download, I'd put it into a folder and burn it off onto the rewritable CD once my spree was done. Cheesy

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 01:01:05 pm »

If nothing else, the local library should have computers with internet access that you could use free.   But since you have access somewhere to the internet now, that computer should work just as well.
moo-moo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 11:25:29 am »

thanks everyone.
I do download all my custom content to a usb memory stick at my local library but the filters are out of control some times if you merely search for a sims site that has even the mention of a bikini it won't let you access it.
I have bigger problems now though
my computer has perished and refuses to turn on so i have to wait to get my laptop before i can be a happy little simmer again Sad
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: