Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 05:44:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: A Certain Hack.  (Read 6327 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
madkitty
Total Noob

Somewhat on Hiatus

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2009, 03:32:03 pm »

Hi everyone. I'm looking for a hack that allows children to hold babies. They don't need anything else, just to be able to hold them or pick them up.  :kiss: Thanks!

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 03:34:25 pm »

As far as I know, no such thing exists.
It's possible using other methods (with animations not looking good), but I don't think there's a hack. (IF there was one, I would be the first one to get it  cool)

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
madkitty
Total Noob

Somewhat on Hiatus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 03:38:43 pm »

Wow! Theraven you really helped my out! That was so quick! Not even 3 minutes after I posted there was a reply! You rock!

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 07:48:36 am »

I don't think children has any existing animations like the teen and adult animations needed to hold a baby, let alone get the baby into or out of the crib or feed them.

That's probably the reason why no mod existed to allow children to hold babies although they can talk to them while their parents hold them.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
madkitty
Total Noob

Somewhat on Hiatus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 01:33:10 pm »

Thank you for the information Chaavik, I only asked because I have seen screenshots from stories of children holding babies. They may be poses. Thanks again. Happy Halloween!

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 02:17:43 pm »

I think those pictures you saw were probably of Sims posing for the screenshots. I heard there is a project or two that contains all kind of poses available to do what you want: flying Sims for example.

To enable children to hold babies, it would require a new set of animations and a new set of BHAVs to do that, and that could be so much time and effort that chances are it might not be worth it.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 02:24:50 pm »

As Chaavik mentioned, it was probably poses used to make it look like the child was holding the infant, combined with the moveobjects on cheat and (possibly) the invisible magisplay tray.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 03:52:40 pm »

There is a method that can make sims do things that only older/younger sims should be able to do... Once theraven's site starts working for me again I'll find her instructions on it Wink

Though, the sim will float if you try to make him/her act older, not sure about younger though.

Requires the insimenator (unsupported) I believe, I don't think the sim blender has a summoner...

*goes to look*

Find me on moonlight <3
madkitty
Total Noob

Somewhat on Hiatus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 04:19:28 pm »

Thank you guys so much! I really have no interest in downloading the Insimenator, or the Inteen or anything like that, but I really do apreciate your help!  Grin Grin

Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2009, 04:33:01 pm »

How to make a child or toddler behave older than they really are

I've recieved a ton of questions an PM's previously on how I made Tony do teen animations while he looks like a child. To prevent new questions about this - here's the answer:

I used the good "old-fashion" "insimenator" way - Tony is really a teen in a child's body in some of the pictures. Same goes with Erica (teen as toddler).

You need:
the Insim machine and the insim Summoner, the OMSP from MTS2, an invisible version of the OFB magisplay tray thingy, the Moveobjects on and Boolprop snapobjectstogrid false cheat codes + a lot of patience, since trial and failing is a big part of a photoshoot. (you might also need an older/younger version of the sim you're going to use)

You must have a sim in the age you want the sim to behave like (he must be previously saved as this age, meaning that you can't age him to this before the next step - unless you save, quit and reload the lot), and then you age him down/up (blue part of the insim machine) to the age he's supposed to look like. Then you delete him, and summon him back again with the summoner (restore family). Remember that the poses will act a bit weird for all ages, but they can now use poses for other ages - children will be able to use adult/teen poses. BUT: toddlers/children will hover in the air as older ages, while teens/adults will crouch a little as younger ages. Infants are not possible to change to older ages unless you use simPE.

Toddlers to elders can behave like infants if you age up an infant in the same fashion - BUT you will most likely get loads of errors, and they can't be interacted with because of that.

For the poses, I used the model pose box (and the depression pose box for some of the pics in the last chapter) from MTS2, posed Tony, put a bottle and the baby on the ground, clicked on the bottle and chose "feed baby". I can't remember what pose I used for Erica in the same picture, but it was one of the pose boxes from http://www.JD-movies.com

The OMSPs and the OFB tray is used for placing the sims higher than the poses normally are.

Remember that you do this on your own risk, meaning that saving the game after messing around with especially insim and the magisplay tray MIGHT do strange things to your game (I lost a really cute toddler because of the tray - luckily I didn't save, so I got him back). I try to avoid live mode when playing around (That's how I lost the toddler), and take everyone off the trays before changing to live mode again.

I recommend trying the techniques on a test lot the first times you play around with them.

from theraven's site: http://moonlightdragon.freeforums.org/wcif-and-other-questions-about-the-story-t4.html (free registration required)

Find me on moonlight <3
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 04:53:10 pm »

Thanks for digging that up Smiley
I was thinking of putting it up myself, but there goes my gold fish memory again ("Now, where did I put it?" and five minutes later "I know there was something I'm supposed to go looking for... but what?") tongue

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2009, 04:54:58 pm »

Lol, no problem.... (Wcif about the stort section at your site by the way)

Find me on moonlight <3
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2009, 05:00:46 pm »

And I should say that I'm not using the magisplay tray any longer, because it can mess up things really bad. I use these OMSPs instead, since they won't crash the game - like the magisplay tray can do if you're not careful.

My site:

Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2009, 05:11:21 pm »

The OMSP's don't require OFB either  Wink

Find me on moonlight <3
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2009, 05:13:48 pm »

Though, the shiftable ones requires AL (I love the shiftable ones, and use them a lot more than he other OMSP's. The angled ones are also really fun to play around with, and gives a LOT of new posing options Cheesy)

My site:

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: