Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 10:33:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Photography and other creative stuff.  (Read 43494 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2010, 11:55:23 am »

Rise! Rise ! Rise!  Cheesy
I loved this thread, might as well give it an update. I think I've gotten tons better since my last update here.
I have a new rendition of my last rose drawing. Done on a much smaller piece of paper than the first, and frankly, with a lot more skill.

It's on a tiny piece of paper... Haha. 2.5" X 3.5" (6.35x8.89cm)
 Grin
Edit, one more thing, I wrote about how I started on it and why, on Deviantart. There's also a full size version there.
Here's a link!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 12:07:24 pm by Carlwashere » Logged

I need more freetime.
Zombie Cakes
"No"

Hmm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2010, 09:35:29 am »

I will help contribute to this thread's re-animation >:3
But yes, that rose is amazing, I could never do anything with color pencils or any kind of marker, etc. even if I tried (Which is why I reverted to digital art). Especially on a canvas of that size. A lot of credit goes to you for doing such a thing xD

New contribution:
My angry, waffle obsessed, pyro Sim in more of a cartoony style as an ID for deviantART to go along with my icon...I enjoy drawing this guy >>

Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2010, 11:14:26 am »

Not really a photograph or a drawing but I am an aspiring Graphic Artist so I guess these fit in this thread:

http://dragcave.net/view/FQZT<<<< clickety click click

*Moderation Note:  Only 1 image may be used for signatures.  Must be no larger than 250w x 50h pixels.*
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2010, 06:06:05 pm »

Zombie Cakes, Trust me Digital art is just as respectable as any traditional form. Personally, I can't do it.
I like that drawing, he looks all serious, and he's about to roast the stuffing out of someone. Then. Waffle.  Cheesy

Those sigs are pretty awesome Aquarius! For some odd reason, I think you like Avatar and Naruto. Grin

I need more freetime.
Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2010, 09:01:42 pm »

Yes, Im what you'd call an Avatard lol

*Moderation Note:  Only 1 image may be used for signatures.  Must be no larger than 250w x 50h pixels.*
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2010, 04:33:44 pm »

Ahahaha Avatard. I love that. My friend's uncle keeps telling us that we have frappatardia. (my friend has tachycardia.... ahaha)

Find me on moonlight <3
Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2010, 05:53:00 pm »

My first attempt at..space

IDK, I kinda liked it up until I did the lens flare effect to make stars. They look...out of place

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2010, 06:09:44 pm »

The extra stars looks a bit too big, and too similar both in size and shine. Maybe a bit too evenly placed out, too.
But I like the rest  Grin

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2010, 06:39:59 pm »

I'll second what theraven said regarding the stars being too uniformly spaced and shaped. I would suggest going to the NASA site and taking a look at some of the images they have in their gallery. You could also go to the Hubble site to do the same. Smiley What program are you using? There are some good brushes for Gimp and Photoshop that can add some fairly realistic stars/sparkles with irregular flare patterns (like you tend to see in outer space). You could maybe use those in conjunction with the lens flares you have, just make them different sizes.

Gimp brushes
Photoshop brushes

Other than that, I can see what you're trying to accomplish here and it's got a lot of potential. A good trick with laying everything out is to look at the negative space. Something I learned when I was in college was to stand back a bit and let my eyes unfocus so I could concentrate on the space around the objects rather that just the objects themselves. When you do this, you can get a good idea of how well your composition uses the space. If I were to suggest anything in addition to what you have, it would be maybe some sort of nebulous gas cloud somewhere on the right hand side just to add a bit of weight on that side.

Edit: To fix my broken coding and nitpicky spelling stuff.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 06:59:08 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2010, 06:42:13 pm »

Thanks. I have photoshop but it's on my laptop, which is acting like b[beep] right now and wont turn on. So I'm currently using GIMP on the family desktop. It's so similar to photoshop and yet...different. Yeah like I said before, I liked it up until I added the stars. I wouldnt have added them in the first place but I felt like I was missing something

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2010, 06:54:47 pm »

The bigger and shinier, the closer they look. Try to dim a couple, space them differently (now they're spaced as though they are ends on similar shaped triangles), shrink down some, and maybe add some of the the effects Joy mentioned.

It will look much more like stars if you do that Wink

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2010, 07:00:30 pm »

Check out the gimp brushes I linked to there. They look pretty dang cool and could really make your image pop, I think, if used right.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2010, 07:11:53 pm »

I did. I went to that person's Deviantart page and downloaded a bunch of brushes and they're amazing. I can not thank you enough for giving me those links!

Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2010, 08:37:17 pm »

Just as a little more advice, May I suggest blurring the edges of the planet? Objects rarely create perfect lines, and a blurred edge would help toward a more 3d appearance.
Additionally, When objects are farther away, color becomes less notable. Look at pictures of valleys and such, far in the background, the colors are almost nonexistant.
As a result, blurring and weakening the color of some stars would help create more of a sense of depth.
Genius using the lens filter though. I wouldn't of thought of that. Looks nice.

My new desktop background!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 08:44:00 pm by Carlwashere » Logged

I need more freetime.
Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2010, 09:21:17 pm »

OMG that's beautiful! You made it yourself?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  

Jump to: