Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 06:20:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Bodyshop Crashing *SOLVED*  (Read 6927 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lovelygoth101

~*Athena*~

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2009, 09:16:57 pm »

I know this has been posted here before, but the topics are very old and I am experiencing another problem too.

Halfway through the loading process of Bodyshop it crashes ("This application will now terminate blah blah blah")

I did look through the other posts and saw the advice to look through the saved sims folder....mine is missing...(I have also been deleting all the cigen, cache, etc, .etc.)

How can I not have a Saved Sims folder?!

I have created sims in B.S. before the crashing happened and I've downloaded many created sims that work in game. Also, the game runs fine, it is only B.S. that is crashing.

Trying to package a sim to put on my other computer, but can't since B.S. crashes, and if I take out the CC packaging, the sim will be pointless since the CC i specifically want attached to that sim will be lost.

Thanks for taking a look at this!!!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 12:00:14 am by lovelygoth101 » Logged

Poke2 = GAH2
mizmudgie
Site Santa!

Yes...I bite.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 02:49:44 am »

My Bodyshop not loading issue was taken care of by deleting the files you mentioned. While I was searching for the answer I found a stand alone Bodyshop program on Download.com.  I don't know if it works well or anything, but you might look into it.

If you want respect...SHOW RESPECT!!
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 02:58:22 am »

Are you opening the right bodyshop? It's something I've done before, repeatedly, then proceeded to curse and swear at my computer until I realized I wasn't opening the BS for my most recent EP. *facepalm*

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 04:54:37 am »

And if you don't have a SavedSims folder - then make one Smiley

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
lovelygoth101

~*Athena*~

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 06:22:57 am »

C.Joy-The game opens with the Apartment Life loading Screen so that is the BodyShop I attempt to use. That is also the highest EP/SP I have, since Teen Style Stuff came out before A.L. I believe I am using the correct BodyShop program.

T.R.-Okay...but what will making a SavedSims folder do for me if BodyShop is already crashing and I've already installed all the created characters (so far) that I've wanted?

Poke2 = GAH2
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 06:37:00 am »

I'm not an expert on the area, so I can't say if bodyshop really needs the SavedSims folder, or will just make a new one when making new projects. But if you don't have one, it's at least worth a try to make it.

It could also be that you've got some clothing hack that crashes bodyshop. I've had that problem myself - especially with some hacks that unlocks NPC or hidden clothing. Bodyshop is even more sensitive to this than when ingame.

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 06:37:59 am »

Try deleting cigen.package and accessories.cache.  While you're at it delete groups.cache.  cigne.package will stop Bodyshop from loading if it is corrupted.
lovelygoth101

~*Athena*~

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 07:06:13 am »

I did look through the other posts and saw the advice to look through the saved sims folder....mine is missing...(I have also been deleting all the .cigen, .cache, etc, .etc.)

Try deleting cigen.package and accessories.cache.  While you're at it delete groups.cache.  cigne.package will stop Bodyshop from loading if it is corrupted.

...Yeah, I did that...

T.R.-the only clothing hacks i have is the "free clothing rack" from MTS2 and Squinges "wear any outfit during pregnancy" hack.

Maybe they conflict?

I'll try finding the clothing rack and removing it and see if that helps anything...

EDIT: Found the download of the clothing hook on MTS and re-downloaded/extracted in desktop to see the exact file name-went to my Downloads folder-"nothing matched the search"-WTF?!-so I did a search from the desktop to see all possible files on the computer that have the name-got LOADS of neighborhood object error documents...so apparently it is doing something bad, wether to B.S. or not i am waiting to find out...

Thanks to everyone for their help, I'll keep this updated as fast as possible!!!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 07:42:57 am by lovelygoth101 » Logged

Poke2 = GAH2
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 07:41:02 am »

Move out your downloads folder, make the SavedSims folder, and see if Bodyshop works then. If it does, then the problem is in your downloads folder. If not, then the problem lies elsewhere.

Remember to delete the cachce files EVERY time you start bodyshop - especially after a crash. Bodyshop also usually saves an error report file if it crashes (together with the cache files). Maybe you can find the answer there.

The highest mine has been is right at the 10 GB mark, 9.64 to be more accurate.
I had around 11,000 with all that space being taken up and at the time I had NO folders.
Since I killed the computer and its ressurection I have 12,327 (and counting) but I'm only using up 4.6 GB on a 1024 MB RAM 320 GB Hard drive computer.
I need more downloads...

Maybe it's the quantity of downloads that is crashing bodyshop Wink
I always move out the things I don't need (nearly everything) when starting bodyshop.

Could be something as simple as a memory problem. Vista is extremely sensitive - I had few problems on my XP laptop, with only 512 MB RAM, though it lagged a LOT. Now, 4GB and vista, the game ran smoothly - until it crashed unexpectantly. Happened randomly all the time - until I fixed the memory problem. Never had a memory crash since then (though, bodyshop is still a bit moody) Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 07:49:12 am by theraven » Logged

My site:

lovelygoth101

~*Athena*~

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 07:55:14 am »

Move out your downloads folder, make the SavedSims folder, and see if Bodyshop works then. If it does, then the problem is in your downloads folder. If not, then the problem lies elsewhere.

Remember to delete the cachce files EVERY time you start bodyshop - especially after a crash. Bodyshop also usually saves an error report file if it crashes (together with the cache files). Maybe you can find the answer there.

I'll just have to do that because as of right now it is still crashing...

I'm not a completly incompitant moron Tongue, I know to delete the .cache EVERY time.

Yes it saves an error report that is a mile long and has a ton of Binary along with it.

Also, my bodyshop didn't crash before when i had nearly 10 GB of junk in it.

EDIT: Yeah, its something in my downloads folder...which contains 12,187 package files, 116 file folders, 7 OBJ files (WTH are these?), and 4 PSD files (WTH are these?!) :-O

EDIT II: Well, it's not anything in the file folders. So that leaves going through 12,187 package files...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 09:31:01 pm by lovelygoth101 » Logged

Poke2 = GAH2
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 06:46:23 pm »

One thing you might give a go is to go to My Documents--EA Games--The Sims 2--Projects and delete the contents of the Projects folder, if there are any (don't delete the folder itself).

Bodyshop projects get put there, and possibly there is a corrupted or otherwise troublesome file in there which is glorking things.

OBJ files (which are a type of text file) usually come from SimPE, and can be moved out of Downloads. PSD files are (if I recall correctly) Photoshop files and can be moved out of Downloads.

BTW, if by any chance you have any jpg or gif or txt or Sims2Pack or html or zip or rar files in the Downloads folder, take them out. They don't belong there (and the game ignores them), but they still bloat the Downloads folder.

Also would suggest running Clean Installer (it can take quite a while to scan the entire Downloads folder - for the benefit of any who haven't used CI, you can tell when the scan is done when the number of files appears up top under the name of the file being scanned), then click the 'Type' button and see if there are any files in Downloads listed under the type labeled 'Collections' -- these should be moved to the Collections folder. This can be done within Clean Installer by right-clicking on each such file, choosing Move, then Browse, and then browsing to the My Documents--EA Games--The Sims 2-Collections folder.

Another possibility (just trying to cover a lot of bases in one reply) is that you might have inadvertantly placed a custom terrain file (sc4) in Downloads instead of in the SC4 Terrains folder.
lovelygoth101

~*Athena*~

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009, 09:10:29 pm »

If I delete the projects in the Projects Folder will all my saved sims (ones that came from .Sims2Packs) be deleted?

I did end up just moving the OBJ and PSD files, thanks.

I do get rid of all the jpegs, gifs, rars, etc., etc.

I will look for the Clean Installer too thanks. *Dummy me...already have it* rolleyes

Uh-oh...by SC4 Terrains do you mean custom ground covers? I have alot of those in my downloads folder :-O

EDIT: I have no Project Folder...I gues I'll create one O.O

EDIT II: Deleted alot of duplicate files, "empty package files", and some mods.

QUESTION: Do the Wall and Floor files need to be put somewhere else or do they stay in the Downloads folder?

Sorry for sounding like a noob, I've been downloading since 2001 and still don't know very much apparently  rolleyes
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 10:19:35 pm by lovelygoth101 » Logged

Poke2 = GAH2
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2009, 09:43:40 pm »

The Projects Folder won't necessarily be there if you've never exported anything from bodyshop for recolouring, etc.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
lovelygoth101

~*Athena*~

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2009, 10:20:30 pm »

OOOOOOHHHHH okay thanks Joy!!!

Poke2 = GAH2
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2009, 10:41:18 pm »

The bit about the Projects folder was a stab in the dark. Don't worry if you don't have one -- if the game/Bodyshop needs it, one will be created.

Using CI to get rid of empty packages, duplicate files, etc. is a Very Good Thing and can noticeably improve game loading time and gameplay. (Standard caveat: using Remove Files in CI will permanently and irretrievably remove files -- there is no Undo nor any other way to reverse the Remove.)

As for your other questions:

Ground terrain covers do belong in Downloads.  sc4 files are custom neighborhood files.

Walls, floors, etc. belong in Downloads. Rule of thumb: if it is a package file, it generally goes in Downloads.

Silly question, but are you sure you're trying to open the Bodyshop affiliated with your highest installed EP (which may not necessarily be the most recent one EP you installed, if you by chance installed EPs in an order different than the EA/Maxis release order)?

Do you have the HCDU (Hack Conflict Detection Utility)? If not, get it here (Sims 2--Programs):

http://simwardrobe.com/

Then install and run it (takes a while to scan your files). Note: Any conflicts it detects may be absolutely benign or may be of a nature to negatively impact the game. There is no way to differentiate between harmless conflicts and nasty conflicts, but the listing of potential conflicts the HCDU spits out can be a good starting point fas to where to look for possible problematic combinations of files.

Other than that, there's a ton of Bodyshop help tips here:

http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Body_Shop
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: