Insimenator.org
April 30, 2024, 05:15:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bodyshop Crashing *SOLVED*  (Read 6934 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lovelygoth101

~*Athena*~

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2009, 11:01:45 pm »

Silly question, but are you sure you're trying to open the Bodyshop affiliated with your highest installed EP (which may not necessarily be the most recent one EP you installed, if you by chance installed EPs in an order different than the EA/Maxis release order)?

Do you have the HCDU (Hack Conflict Detection Utility)?

Other than that, there's a ton of Bodyshop help tips here:

http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Body_Shop

Are you opening the right bodyshop? It's something I've done before, repeatedly, then proceeded to curse and swear at my computer until I realized I wasn't opening the BS for my most recent EP. *facepalm*

C.Joy-The game opens with the Apartment Life loading Screen so that is the BodyShop I attempt to use. That is also the highest EP/SP I have, since Teen Style Stuff came out before A.L. I believe I am using the correct BodyShop program.

I have HCDU and the only thing it brought up was some adult donation stuff from the booty which doesn't actually conflict with anything. (Had it many times before w/no problems)

I'll look at the wiki link thanks again!!!

UPDATE: Did the most elementary thing I could think of; Took out all the package files since I knew that's where the problem was. Organized them 0-9, A-H, I-P, Q-Z, and Other. and gradually moved each section back in to find where the problem was. A file within the Q-Z range is causing the problem. Now I just have to keep narrowing it down until i find the exact file. It'll take some time but i am much closer to solving the problem than I was.

Thanks to everyone who was so willing to help!!!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 08:43:36 am by lovelygoth101 » Logged

Poke2 = GAH2
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2009, 03:20:53 pm »

One further thought:

Are all your installed EPs/SPs patched? If not, do so. That alone might possibly cler up your problem.

Patches available for downloading here:

http://thesims2.ea.com/update/

After downloading, click on each patch file to install each patch. After that, the patch file (.exe file) itself can be deleted from your computer.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2009, 03:57:27 pm »

OBJ files are one type of 3D files (containing information about a 3D object, and possible to import into Milkshape or some other 3D prog. But it's not a 3D file in itself). Object files exported from simPE are usually exported/imported as OBJ files - unless they contain animation or bones).

PSD files are photoshop files.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
lovelygoth101

~*Athena*~

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2009, 09:44:58 pm »

rwills- yes I have all the patches installed. Tongue thanks though!!!

theraven- thanks for explaining those to me!!!

Poke2 = GAH2
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2009, 10:44:15 pm »

The more this goes on without luck in starting Bodyshop, the more I think you may be opening the wrong version of Bodyshop.  If you are clicking a Desktop icon to start it, chances are that icon never got updated.  Use the start menu to start up the Apartment Life Bodyshop.
Mayve
Novice Sim Home Builder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2009, 11:27:26 pm »

I had this same problem a few months ago. What I did was move my sims 2 folder onto the desktop, started up the game so it would create a new sims 2 folder. I then exited the game started bodyshop and then it worked. I then began putting my neighborhoods and downloads back. I did not put anything back into the saved sims or project folders, so I did loose a few sims I created. Bodyshop now works fine.

<br />
Sims 1 and 2 Downloads
lovelygoth101

~*Athena*~

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2009, 11:56:40 pm »

The more this goes on without luck in starting Bodyshop, the more I think you may be opening the wrong version of Bodyshop.  If you are clicking a Desktop icon to start it, chances are that icon never got updated.  Use the start menu to start up the Apartment Life Bodyshop.

Wow...thanks...

I do go to the start menu to start Bodyshop...

I have already stated I found that the problem was in the downloads folder and I am gradually weeding my way through it to find the problem.

I...AM...NOT...AN...IDIOT. And I took that as an insult to my intelligence.

C.Joy-The game opens with the Apartment Life loading Screen so that is the BodyShop I attempt to use. That is also the highest EP/SP I have, since Teen Style Stuff came out before A.L. I believe I am using the correct BodyShop program.

UPDATE: Did the most elementary thing I could think of; Took out all the package files since I knew that's where the problem was. Organized them 0-9, A-H, I-P, Q-Z, and Other. and gradually moved each section back in to find where the problem was. A file within the Q-Z range is causing the problem. Now I just have to keep narrowing it down until i find the exact file. It'll take some time but i am much closer to solving the problem than I was.

Thanks anyway...

This can be considered solved...

Poke2 = GAH2
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2009, 12:56:42 am »

Lovelygoth, please try not to take what people are hoping to be a helpful suggestion as an insult to your intelligence. There's no need to growl and snap at people who are just trying to help. Yes, you mentioned using the AL Bodyshop, but you didn't actually state you went through the start menu, so ancienthighway's suggestion was a valid one. It's not out of line to wonder if you were clicking a desktop icon or not.

I can't count the number of times I've seen people trying to help solve a problem by offering a mound of intricate, tech-savvy suggestions and not giving the simplest one because they were wary of offending the individual looking for help. Then, ten pages in someone finally comes in, offers the simplest solution no one has mentioned and, lo and behold! Problem solved.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2009, 11:53:53 am »

As you are an intelligent young woman, I probably don't need to say that 80-90 percent of all problems with The Sims 2 are caused by the user adding or subtracting something from their Downloads folder.  So I'm a little befuddled at why you would even ask a question about a problem you're having without first removing your downloads and seeing if your game works.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2009, 01:37:25 pm »

OK, ancient, that was just as unnecessary and uncalled for as lovelygoth's statement and really does nothing to help the situation. Just because something is completely elementary to you doesn't mean it is to anyone else; nor does it mean they lack intelligence for not knowing it. Keep that in mind when posting here, please. Besides, if you read her opening post you'll see her mentioning she was looking for other possible solutions first, because she was hoping to not have to remove her CC. Now, since this thread is now in danger of turning into a war zone, I'm going to lock this down. 

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: