Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:38:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hair display issues  (Read 1775 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
rudeawakening

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2009, 12:27:42 pm »

I have installed several custom hairstyles in my game, and at first they displayed just fine. Then, a few days ago I opened CAS and when I tried to use a custom hair, my Sim just ended up being bald or having a flat, hair-colored patch on top of its head (depending on which hair I clicked on). I've only been having this problem with custom hair, not the hair that came with the game. I tried adjusting the graphics settings, but it didn't fix the problem. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

In case you need to know, my game does have the latest patch.

I've tried searching for a solution to this problem but have not found anything helpful. Thanks  Grin

"Through every dark night, there's a bright day after that. So no matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up.... and handle it.”
minkey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 06:30:57 pm »

I started experiencing this problem when I very first installed the game :confused:I had no CC or hacks at the time,my Sims would start out in CAS with their hair,and then I would reenter their lot,and BAM,their hair was gone and they were left with either a nice shiny bald head or stubble.I sure hope there is an answer out there......
lessaren
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 10:25:37 pm »

This fixed the hair issue for me.

1. To delete your cache files, open your MY DOCUMENTS\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ folder. Inside will be a number of cache files:

* CasPartCache.package
* compositorCache.package
* scriptCache.package
* simCompositorCache.package
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: