Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 04:14:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I keep getting a message in the corner? *Solved*  (Read 3088 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
RuthStar

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2009, 04:27:11 am »

I keep getting a message in the corner (Whilst Playing the game) saying "Sims 2 Base Game installed", with the picture of a maxis sink next to the message, i click the X on it, but it comes back a few seconds later.
I know its not a big problem, but i don't get why i am getting that message.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 04:03:22 am by RuthStar » Logged
ladymiriam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 04:58:18 am »

I've not heard of this problem.  Are you aware of any steps to try to sort your game?  If you know any of this then I apologise for not being any more help.  Firstly, delete your cache files found in the same place as your Downloads folder, there will be 4 or less individual files which end in ".cache".  These can be safely deleted and will be re generated when the game next loads, maybe taking a bit longer than usual to do so.  I always delete these files before I play as they get easily corrupted.  Remove your Downloads folder to see if the problem is still there without cc (don't save your game). Go to Sims Wardrobe/Paladin's Place and download the programme called the Hack Conflict Dectection Utility.  At the site, it's under Sims2>Programmes.  Run this programme to see what potential problems you have with your hacks.  Not all hack conflicts are bad but it is a good starting point.  As you're getting a picture of a sink, my hunch is that the problem is associated with a custom sink or hack to do with washing or something but that is just a hunch and what I'm telling you is pretty much what I would try but I'm not an expert.  Hope you get it sorted. 

RuthStar

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 06:41:51 am »

^Thanks, I'm sure its a hack causing it. So i'll download that utility. Edit: Right, This is what i got....

Report Start 02/11/2009 12:49:00

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Interaction - Dresser - Plan Outfit - TEST
Group ID: 0x7FE10572
Instance ID: 0x00002008
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\Mods\InTeenimater_B.package
\downloads\Mods\PregnancyWearAnyOutfit.package

Procedure Name: Interaction - Dresser - Change Into - TEST
Group ID: 0x7FE10572
Instance ID: 0x00002004
\downloads\Mods\InTeenimater_B.package
\downloads\Mods\PregnancyWearAnyOutfit.package

Procedure Name: Interaction - Get Drink - TEST
Group ID: 0x7F7638B3
Instance ID: 0x00002004
\downloads\Mods\test_engines.package
\downloads\Mods\test_game_edition_flags.package

End Of Report

3 possible conflicts detected.

Teaches me for being so stupid for not listening to warnings and thinking everything would be alright using both, I'll be unistalling Inteen, cause the i love the preg wear anything hack too much. *Sigh*    The 3rd one, i'll have to delete.

(I get this now on the tester,

Report Start 02/11/2009 12:57:44

End Of Report

0 possible conflicts detected.) Hopefully its fixed, thank you so so much Ladymiriam for your help, and advice, Thank you so much again.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 07:59:59 am by RuthStar » Logged
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 04:45:34 pm »

I know we don't provide InTeen support here but since this has to do with Squinge's hack as well... If you are running the AL version of InTeen, you need the Pregnant Sims Wear Anything hack to load after Inteen. The best way to do this is to separate them into properly named sub-folders. So if you have InTeen in an Inteen folder and Squinge's hack in a folder called Squinge or zzzSquinge, the Pregnant Sims Wear Anything hack should load after InTeen and may work for you. At least that is the method other users of the AL version of InTeen have found to work for them.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 05:47:51 pm »

Of course, you could also make note of the fact that Squinge has stated many times that he was not making any of his mods compatible with Inteen. The best way to guarantee one or the other will work is to choose which one to remove. Smiley
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 06:50:30 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 06:13:03 pm »

It seems that most mods that are non compatible don't work with the inteen b package, not sure what it does, but it always comes up with the  ! when loading the game in mine, until I delete stuff.

Find me on moonlight <3
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 06:51:34 pm »

Any mod will come up with the "!" when you load up the game. It's just a warning to you that you have content installed that will change the nature of your game.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
RuthStar

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 11:30:45 am »

Of course, you could also make note of the fact that Squinge has stated many times that he was not making any of his mods compatible with Inteen. The best way to guarantee one or the other will work is to choose which one to remove. Smiley
Yeah, I've deleted Inteen, just to make sure.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 12:19:28 pm »

let's hope your game works then!

Find me on moonlight <3
RuthStar

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 04:07:19 am »

^Thanks, I played with the burbs last night to test it to see if it was working, and the messge seems to be gone, It looks as if the conflict with the wear anything/inteen was causing the problem. Thank you so very much to every one who replied and helped.

That hack utility really comes in handy, I hadn't actually heard of it, untill i made this thread.   Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: